Job description / Role
- Perform the day-to-day work in order to increase refinery profit, enhance plant reliability/integrity, and promote safety & compliance to environmental standards.
- Provide expert advice for static pressure equipment inspections, evaluations, repairs and modifications, and follow-up on critical repair and maintenance works.
- Participate in the investigation of work accidents/ incidents ensuring the effective implementation of YASREF's safety policies and adequate maintenance of static pressure equipment.
- Follow-up on corrosion control contractors to check on quality, develop a list of activities and enforce compliance with the agreed contract.
- Provide Feedback to Inspection Specialist Unit Head with regards to corrosion control Contractor's performances and provide recommendations on corrective actions in case of discrepancies.
- Apply knowledge of corrosion engineering principles and theories to anticipate and identify potential threats to the integrity of the static pressure equipment and ensure that proactive and preventive measures are in place.
- Develop Functional and Design Specifications (FDS) for the static pressure equipment corrosion inspection services and support the Inspection Section Unit Head in tendering and contracting related activities.
- Stay abreast with new corrosion techniques and technologies and participate in regional and international conference and exhibitions concerning corrosion management and control activities.
- Recommend process improvement initiatives to adapt and change RBI and inspection plans based on industry best practices.
- Ensure that corrosion control and inspection activities and investigations are in line with the internal standards and procedures.
- Participate in setting and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for NDT and external inspection activities, and evaluate the performance and efficiency of RBI based on monitoring KPIs.
- Apply RBI methods and principles and operate special RBI software to all static pressure equipment in the Refinery to ensure accurate risk assessment results.
- Prepare technical reports and corrosion analyses on static pressure equipment on a regular basis and during turnarounds, and confer findings with the Inspection Specialist Unit
- Provide the necessary support to the respective OME team member before/after daily meetings to ensure high level of safety performance and comply with health, safety and environmental standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Inspection Specialist Unit Head.
- Inspection, Auditing & Reporting
- Process Improvement & Optimization
- Safe Working Practice, Disaster Management and Hazardous Chemicals
- HSE Training & Development
- Technical Studies and Resolutions
- Regulatory Compliance
Bachelor's Degree in degree in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
About the Company
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company Ltd., a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and China Petrochemical Corporation ( Sinopec). A world-class, full-conversion refinery that covers about 5.2 million square meters in the Yanbu Industrial City, and is considered to be a key anchor project for the future of Yanbu. YASREF will use 400,000 barrels per day (bpd) of Arabian heavy crude oil to produce premium transportation fuels, as well as high-value refined products for both international and domestic markets. It is scheduled to be operational in Q3 2014.
YASREF signifies the impressive downstream portfolio added to Saudi Aramco, yet building and cementing on the strategic partnership with Sinopec - Saudi Aramco's largest crude oil partner and buyer - Both companies bring commercial and technical expertise to the joint venture to enhance trade of transportation fuels between a significant energy producer and its consumer. In addition, YASREF represents a continuing step forward in the strategies of Saudi Aramco and Sinopec to drive growth further downstream to capture additional value along the hydrocarbon chain.
YASREF was registered in January 2012 with the single purpose to establish, operate, and manage a full conversion-refining complex. YASREF possesses the location advantage to effectively and efficiently supply both international and domestic markets. The products include 90,000 bpd of gasoline, 263,000 bpd of ultra-low sulfur diesel, 6,200 metric tons per day (mtd) of petcoke, 1,200 (mtd) of sulfur, and 140,000 tons per year of benzene. YASREF will process Arabian Heavy crude oil into high-quality refined products that could include future production of Paraxylene and products to support downstream industries.