Job description / Role
- A skilled QA/QC Technician with relevant experience in 'Quality Management Systems' (QMS) applicable to rotating equipment in the 'Oil Refining and Petrochemical Industries'.
- Familiar with Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Inspect and record findings including dimensional checks and photographs as applicable during disassembly, repairs, re-assembly, testing, transport, re-installation and return to service. At each stage of the 'repair process' strict adherence to the 'OEM' specifications and best practice is required. Record and highlight every non-conformance in a timely manner.
- Review and Update the QA/QC procedure as required.
- Issue Machinery Quality Assurance check list.
- Establish and follow strictly 'Hold and Witnessed' check points. If findings from these witnessed checks do not meet specifications or best practice, indicate corrective action required.
- Compile a comprehensive report based on the QA/QC records, for dis-assembly inspection, repairs, testing and site installation, this must be included in the file or data base for the respective equipment.
- Participate in Quality Audits as required
- Assist Workshops in preparing measuring tools, spare parts and special tools required for repairs of major equipment
- Graduate from Industrial College or High School.
- 8 years relevant experience in 'QMS', specifically for rotating equipment in the Refining and/or Petrochemical industries.
- Knowledge of applicable standards and best practices for repair of all types of rotating equipment
- Ability to lead Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with a good command of the English language, both oral and written.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications software
- Working knowledge of plant process operations
About the Company
Rabigh Refining & Petrochemical Co. - Petro Rabigh - was founded as a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical in 2005. The plant is valued at US $10 billion and originally produced 18.4 million tons per annum (mtpa) of petroleum-based products and 2.4 mtpa of ethylene and propylene-based derivatives.
Our products are used in such end products as plastics, detergents, lubricants, resins, coolants, anti-freeze, paint, carpets, rope, clothing, shampoo, auto interiors, epoxy glue, insulation, film, fibers, household appliances, packaging, candles, pipes and many other applications.
Petro Rabigh II is an expansion project valued at US $8.4 billion - 25% funded by the public and the remainder equally funded by Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical. Petro Rabigh II is scheduled to be in full production by 4th Quarter 2017 and will produce a wide range of new products.
Urgently Required Project Engineer
General Construction Company
|Abu Dhabi||22 Sep|
Saudi Chevron Phillips Company
Mechanical Engineer - Saudi National
|Saudi Arabia||21 Sep|
Senior QA/QC Engineer
KEO International Consultants
|Abu Dhabi||24 Oct|