Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking an Instrumentation Engineer to join our Unconventional Resources Operations Department (UROD).
The UROD is responsible for operating all the surface facilities, which include the field wells and processing facilities.
You primary role will be to introduce new technology to enhance company profitability and productivity.
You will be responsible for maintaining and incorporating new cost-effective solutions for designs through the Unconventional Resources Engineering Standards and Design Best Practices.
As a subject-matter expert you will represent UR in dealings with vendors, manufacturers, and/or design firms where expert instrumentation engineering advice is required. You will also be responsible for leading the team to develop full spectrum engineering standards for unconventional resources within the instrument engineering field.
One of your first tasks will be to work with design contractors to review spec sheets and support EPC contract design reviews. You will also be involved in FEED consultations.
- As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Provide expert advice and assistance to the UR, outside vendors, manufacturers, and design firms on instrument engineering matters.
- Originate and carry out engineering studies to determine potential problems and remedies to existing problems, resolve complex technical problems, and review data sheets for instrumentation.
- Inspect installations in factories and in the field.
- Troubleshoot complex instrumentation and control system issues in operational facilities.
- Develop and maintain the UR engineering standards and design best practices.
- Develop and review material takeoffs and data sheets for instrumentation equipment.
- Evaluate and introduce best practices and new technologies from all over the world to help the UR to achieve best in class positions.
- Review and evaluate the capabilities of vendors and contractors to determine their acceptability to perform major services to UR. Act as the department representative in dealings with vendors and manufacturers. Work on or with task forces assigned to investigate incidents or solve specific problems. Perform cost analyses and value engineering studies as appropriate. Undertake special assignments requiring extensive technical experience and discretion when dealing with outside organizations.
- Conduct seminars in the resolution of technical problems with personnel in other engineering organizations. Write papers for peer-reviewed journals on engineering studies and projects the candidate has overseen.
- You will have a bachelor's degree in engineering. A master's degree or a Ph.D. in engineering is highly desirable as well as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or registration.
- You will have a minimum of 15 years of professional experience in the field of instrumentation and control engineering, including at least 5 years as an engineer in charge of technical work in instrument engineering.
- Experience working with unconventional resources would be an advantage.
- You will have achieved industry recognition through activities in professional societies and industrial organizations, such as ASME, ASCE, ASTM, API, NACE, SEI, and others. You will also be familiar with SCADA, DCS, and PCS systems.
- As the successful candidate you will be expected to work in remote areas depending on the project you are assigned to.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.