Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role defines a high level enterprise-wide IT Architecture leader focusing on the mapping of I/T integration capabilities to business needs.
• The focus is on defining the relationships, flows and implementation of business (processes/activities/functions, information), applications, data and technology in the enterprise and the transitional process necessary for implementing technology in response to changing business needs.
• The employee guides functional objectives or technologies with a focus on innovation and the client's transformative journey.
• Have a detailed understanding of Orchestration, Automation and integration.
• Help clients understand the differentiated capabilities of cloud solutions in the context of fitness for purpose to solve key client challenges -and guide them to these solutions where right answer.
• Provide a holistic view of enterprise solutions, including a sound appreciation of operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development and systems management.
• These skills should be aligned to Hybrid Cloud within the enterprise.
• Hybrid Cloud include but is not limited to Traditional IT & Cloud services such as IBM Cloud and AWS along with the following technologies: Containers , Hypervisors , SaaS offerings , PaaS offerings, external & internal integrations, IT Monitoring, DevOps, and Business Automation
• Professional knowledge related to incumbent's function/business unit and its processes.
• Advise other professionals and CX-Levels.
• Effectively utilize group dynamics.
• Negotiate to define approaches and goals.
• Recognize complex problems related to functional objectives.
• Analyze situations and implement solutions, or develop new system elements, procedures or processes. Creativity and judgment applied to developmental work on different projects within the business environment.
• Provides ongoing technical /operational guidance to lead professional work teams, conducts special projects, or manages department(s) (national or international).
• Understand department/ functional mission and vision.
• Defines and decides objectives within specified business concept or project and may have responsibility for tools and assigned resources.
• Utilizes expertise to directly influence people outside department or function.
• Sometimes no precedent exists.
Impact on Business/Scope:
• Accountable for business unit results and for activities and involving multi-functional teams.
• Activities are subject to business measurements, and impact customer satisfaction.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a technical job role.
• Minimum 5 years Technical architect skills including expertise in applying tools and methods.
• Knowledge in any of the evolving technologies (Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Integration, BPM, Business Automation, IT Monitoring, DevOps, Blockchain) mandatory.
• Knowledge (certification preferred) in Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (Togaf, Zachman etc)
• Deep knowledge of how solutions portfolios fit into client's overall enterprise architecture.
• Fluent in Arabic & English.
Key Job Details
• Country: SA
• State: Ar Riyad
• City: Riyadh
• Category: Architect
• Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
• Position Type: Professional
• Employment Type: Full-Time
• Contract Type: Regular
• Req ID: 294428BR
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IBM Middle East
Technical Team Lead
Management Solutions International (MSI)
IT Project Manager - Mandarin Speaker
Cloud Architect / Engineer with DevOps Experience
Job N Job UK Ltd