Job description / Role
- Proactively take part in the meetings held with various stakeholders (internal and external) to provide support in defining the scope of work, review the design stages presented by the consultants and provide final recommendations to kick off works, and ensure that all necessary prerequisites (such as Project Charters, Kick-off Agenda, Presentation, Project Brief, Reporting Templates, Design Management Plan, Technical Information, Design Guidelines, Project Organizational Charts and Communication Matrix) are in place before physically commencing any part of the works, as needed.
- Ensure that all the materials used, and work executed are in line with the contract requirements.
- Compare planned work versus work executed, ensure that all works are delivered on time and to the required quality and report any areas of unsatisfactory performance to the consultants, making sure that appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Identify and manage the project risks presented by the contractors and consultants, or due to the quality of materials, timely sourcing, delivery, and cost of items procured, to institute risk avoidance, risk mitigation or risk-sharing measures.
- Maintain a team-based approach within the working environment.
- Assist in managing the consultant teams ensuring the design brief is executed and delivered accurately, on time and within budget.
- Attend workshops with consultants and operators as required to achieve set milestones
- Attend regular site visits and inspections to ensure project is delivered to the required quality, and approved design intent is achieved.
- Review shop drawings, bespoke items, sample rooms, finishes, etc. considering constructability, positive guest impact, operational value and short-term and long-term costs.
- Assist in coordinating with consultant teams to maintain terms of contract
- Prepare design presentations as required, In coordination with your line manager.
- Prepare and implement an interior design review check list.
- Review operators brand standards, and prepare deviation lists.
- Promote Amaala in a professional manner to external stakeholders at all times.
- Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture required
- Minimum 8 to 12 years progressive interior design experience; 2 years’ experience on hospitality projects required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and people/project management skills.
- Ability to create, lead and work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, BIM, InDesign, Sketchup, etc. preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally required
- Ability to work from site is required
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment required
- Strong project management skills & ability to manage multiple priorities & resources
- Knowledge about innovation & trends both in & outside of industry with ability to connect the dots to influence innovative outcomes
- Ability to speak up, share ideas and listen with curiosity
- Ability and interest to go both deep and wide in a variety of subject matters
About the Company
The Red Sea Development Company (TRSDC) has been incorporated as a closed joint stock company, wholly owned by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF).
The company has been established to develop and promote a new international luxury tourism destination that will set new standards for sustainable development and bring about the next-generation of luxury travel. The project was announced in July 2017 and is one of the three Giga Projects aimed at diversifying the Saudi economy in keeping with the Kingdom’s 2030 Vision.
The development will offer unprecedented investment options and provide visitors with the opportunity to explore the five untouched treasures of the west coast of Saudi Arabia; the archipelago of over 90 islands with stunning coral reefs, dormant volcanoes and untouched nature reserves.
Interior Concept Designer
Inner Space Interior Design
Interior Designer (Fit-Out)
|Abu Dhabi||24 Aug|
Senior Interior Designer (F&B/ Hospitality)