Job description / Role
Intermediate Quantity Surveyor - CostX
Faithful+Gould are currently looking for an experienced Intermediate Quantity Surveyor with expereince in CostX to form part of our Project Management Consultant (PMC) project team based in Riyadh. The team shall be expected to assist the client in any way possible to ensure the development is completed to the required timescales and within their stated budgets.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
- Management of bonds, insurances and guarantee logs
- Interim valuations and payment certificates
- Variations analysis, recommendations and management
- Performing risk and value management and cost control functions
- Undertaking costs analysis project work
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Writing detailed progress/ cost reports
- Reporting to Client Representative on all commercial issues
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
- Managing workload with minimal supervision
- Client facing and involvement in commercial meetings.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Experience in CostX
- Must have previous experience of FIDIC Traditional and Design and Build Contracts
- Residential/ Commercial experience a must
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised university
- Min 2 years post-contract experience
- Must have consultant and/or client background for minimum of 1 years
- Should be currently in the UAE and looking for a career move
- Knowledge in the use of QS software CATO or similar is required
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Team and /or independent worker
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).