Job description / Role
- To execute routine audits and/or segments of significant and complex audits in accordance with SATORP policies and industry best practice under the direction of the General Auditor.
- Conduct regular audits on selected SATORP’s operations and functions, review effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with SATORP`s policies and procedures. Recommend actions enhance control weaknesses and improve operations.
- Assist in developing audit plans and defining the scope of audits and audit programs and ensure an on-target implementation of the same.
- Participate in relevant risk assessment activities to identify risks and business impacts of SATORP activities in order to determine areas for audits.
- Prepare draft audit findings and recommendations and submit the same to the Senior Auditor for review and comment.
- Measure compliance of internal business processes with SATORP’s policies and procedures as well as with the Saudi Arabian laws and legislations. Evaluate the effectiveness of the existing internal controls.
- Report to the Senior Auditor and the General Auditor with regards to any violations, non-conformities, control weaknesses and recommend necessary corrective actions to be taken.
- Assist the Senior Auditor in coordinating with external auditors, providing them with all related information, explaining systems and procedures, and reviewing their findings and recommendations.
- Participate in training workshops conducted by the General Auditor/Senior Auditor or external parties.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the General Auditor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Quality Assurance/Control or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of previous experience in Finance or Operations. One (1) year experience in Internal Auditing is preferred.
- Good knowledge of contemporary theories and practices related to Internal Audit and Risk Management.
- Strong technical Audit skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Capable of giving strong attention to details.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office applications and Audit Management Analysis tools and software.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.