Job description / Role
This is an Investment Associate role in KSA where you will establish the firm's presence in the Saudi market and maintain performance in deal sourcing. This opportunity will allow you to immerse yourself into deals and be one of the interfaces between the firm and startup founders in Saudi.
Our client is an early stage VC firm with a multi-million dollar AUM.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Establish and lead the firm's presence in KSA, acting as the primary point of contact for founders in the market.
* Represent the firm at relevant industry events and conferences, positioning the firm as a leading VC player in KSA.
* Identify and source high-potential startup deals by building strong relationships with entrepreneurs, accelerators, incubators, and other key ecosystem players.
* Track trends in the region and develop a deep understanding of the local startup ecosystem, including the unique characteristics of Saudi founders and the market's opportunities and challenges, and provide local insights and market intelligence
* Excellent exposure
* Opportunity to develop
* Must be already living and working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
* Proficient and fluent in Arabic (Arabic speaker, writer, and reader).
* Has approximately 5 years of experience in VC or PE and has a strong personal interest in VC and startups.
* Has an existing network within the Saudi startup ecosystem, including connections with entrepreneurs, accelerators, incubators, and other key stakeholders.
* Strong interpersonal skills; excellent communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills, with the ability to represent the firm effectively and professionally to various stakeholders.
* Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and meticulous working habits.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.