Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco is seeking an Intellectual Property (IP) Analyst to join the Technology Strategy & Planning Department (TSPD).
TSPD is responsible for developing Aramco's technology outlook and strategy, managing the technology portfolio and intellectual property, supporting the company's climate and sustainability initiatives, and ensuring the commercial viability of technologies through effective deployment planning.
The IP Analyst is responsible for performing patent research to support various IP activities, including: patentability search, freedom to operate, competitive intelligence, IP benchmarking, IP mapping and other related tasks. This role also supports the development of Aramco's IP portfolio (patents, copyrights, trade secrets...etc.), including analysis of invention disclosures and working with inventors and in-house IP counsel on patent prosecution activities.
- Conduct patent searches to support Aramco organizations in making patent-related decisions including patentability (novelty), freedom-to-operate /infringement, and invalidity searches.
- Perform competitive and benchmark analysis of patents and commercial product landscape
- Prepare IP landscape reports to support R&D decision making
- Perform IP analysis of Aramco's portfolio
- Perform IP analysis to support commercial strategy
- Perform IP due diligence for investment decisions
- Support the development and protection of Aramco's IP
- Conduct IP awareness sessions and training
- Coach and mentor junior colleagues
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related scientific field, and preferably Master's degree in Intellectual Property.
- Twelve years of professional experience, including at least seven seven years of experience in patent analytics. Experience in energy, chemicals or sustainability technologies is preferred, but not required.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.