Job description / Role
Performs complex-level professional internal auditing work. Work involves leading or conducting performance, financial, compliance, and information technology audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; providing key input to development of the annual audit plan; and providing training and coaching to internal audit staff. Responsible for identifying technology risks and independently evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of information technology infrastructure and application controls, including security and internal controls. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and completes all internal audit work in compliance with The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards). Works independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carry out the audit program areas assigned by the GRC Manager, working to ensure accurate and high quality deliverable at all stages of the process.
- Evaluate the security procedures and systems that govern the IT environment, reporting on such evaluation and suggesting recommendations where needed. Conduct departmental reviews to assess the extent of compliance with controls
- Document review results and formulate recommendations for review by the GRC Manager and Senior GRC Manager. Prepare audit memos for circulation to audited areas, seeking responses to points.
} Prepares final Audit Report following the receipt of audit responses.
} Complete the Audit Work paper file at each stage of the audit process (from planning to get the audit program approved until the completion of the audit) to ensure progress is tracked.
- Participate in information system testing as needed, whether such testing is destined to evaluate the effectiveness and controls around existing or newly implemented systems.
- Following Audit approach of the Department and using IT audit systems and tools in accordance with the Department's audit reporting needs.
- Prepare IT audit reports highlighting any system weaknesses or areas of concern, and discusses them with the Group Internal Audit Manager and Internal Audit Supervisor as and when required by the Annual IT Audit Plan.
- Participate as assigned in the deliberations of Committees working on special IT evaluation, development, or implementation projects.
- Continuously and as per audit plan work to assess and evaluate the compliance of all areas with the security policies and system development procedures applicable in the IT environment.
- Keep informed of new approaches and developments in computer operations and IT auditing, as well as requirements of regulatory agencies and international IT Auditing standards.
- Keeps abreast of changes in operating procedures and practices and systems affecting IT. } Prepare and deliver weekly/fortnightly/monthly audit reports.
- Provide support to other audit team for audits and consulting engagements for Oracle E-business suit application modules about risks and controls related to application controls, preventive control, detective controls, logical access control, and configuration setup controls.
The candidate should possess an Information technology qualification
About the Company
Ali Zaid Al-Quraishi & Brothers Co Ltd. (AZAQ) was founded in 1958 as a family owned diversified company. Today, with more than 4,500 employees on its payroll, prolific market activities all over the Kingdom, and long established associations with a several world-class brands and international corporations, AZAQ is a leading business group in the region.
The Group today is firmly based in the marketing and distribution field, representing top brand names in leisure goods, household products, watches, office furniture, telecommunications, electronics, electrical equipment and motor vehicles. It is also involved in manufacturing of electrical products and transformers and switchgears.
Group IT Manager
IT Infrastructure Manager - ITIL
IT Applications Consultant
A Leading Global Interior Solutions Company in the UAE
IT Manager - ISO 20071
BAC Middle East
IT Project Manager