Job description / Role
In a business where support in the IT field is crucial to ensure daily operations are not interrupted and professionalism is demonstrated to the highest standard. As the OSS Technology Specialist, you will provide technical support, guidance and consultation associated with products supported and services provided by OSS/IT Services
You will provide meaningful contributions to team efforts to enhance departmental effectiveness; acts creatively to prioritize tasks; interprets information; and applies technical knowledge to satisfy end user and firm objectives. You will also anticipate technology support issues, and create solutions with appropriate consultation.
Your key responsibilities
• Assisting with the deployment of hardware and software to end users (including the installation, configuration and testing of more complex firm hardware)
• Assisting with or coordinating the repair of end user hardware and the re-installation of software as necessary to resolve incidents
• Resolving complex incidents associated with firm standard end user software and hardware, including mobile/hand-held technologies Identify sources and trends of technical incidents to prevent future occurrences.
• You will act as a lead to less experienced specialists
• Provide after-hours service for escalated issues from the Service Desk or supervisor
• Perform asset management activities (procurement, receipt, inventory, tracking, distribution, etc) in accordance with firm policy and IT Service process
• Operate as “remote hands” for other IT functions, such as Telecommunications and Hosting
• Anticipate technology support issues, and acts creatively to prioritize tasks, interpret information, and apply technical knowledge to facilitate the development and implementation of technical and business solutions to complex end user technology needs and issues
• You will work independently on small projects.
• Assess the special needs of local area offices and engagements, and respond appropriately
• Document and track the status of inquiries, coordinate appropriate responses, and follow up to ensure end user satisfaction
• Maintain a thorough understanding of IT Services organization and service offerings in order to identify how best to address end user technology needs and incidents
• Understand the Firm’s business and organization sufficiently to anticipate and resolve end user technology issues that affect productivity of Firm personnel
• Perform technical induction for new joiners and Trainings for business and internal team
Skills and attributes for success
• The ability to be able to identify, assess and advise on technical issues
• Networking with team members and other support teams to achieve the best results
• Being responsive and accountable for all things
To qualify you must have
• Bachelor’s degree (Technical) – Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• 0 – 2 Years’ Experience
• The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, organizational, and project management skills
• Excellent customer service attitude
• Strong analytical skills are required to address end-user incidents escalated from the service desk or offered by end user on walk-up issues
• Under supervision addresses issues affecting users within the supported geography.
Ideally, you will also have
• Experience working in an end user environment for a professional organization
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What working for EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer:
• Exposure to some of the greatest colleagues and clients in the industry
• Support, feedback and coaching in a culture that values operational excellence
• Career potential to grow both within the MENA region and globally
• A culture that will encourage you to grow you skills and strengths for your own betterment as well as that or EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.