Job description / Role
- The Junior Accountant performs a variety of general accounting support tasks to obtain financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
- In their endeavor to excellence, the fundamental values all our employees must possess are Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports
- Prepare and update records for checks’ requests and invoices for payment
- Record monthly credit card expense transactions
- Verify and post details of business transactions
- Reconcile records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers
- Assist in major bank reconciliations
- Data entry and Book keeping
- Enter data into computer system using defined computer programs (SAP)
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents and records
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable)
- Minimum 2 years prior experience
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.