Job description / Role
Amazon is committed to supporting businesses becoming successful Selling Partners and providing the best customer experience on Amazon.sa. We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Key Accounts Manager who will manage to the recruiting and development of Strategic Selling Partners on Amazon. This role will drive Selling Partner growth and satisfaction by delivering strategic insights and relentlessly high operational standards. We are looking for a seasoned account manager to support our growing Account Management team, responsible for driving growth of brands and businesses on Amazon.
In this role, you will be responsible for all business/operational objectives in the Direct Seller Recruiting team focusing on strategic partner acquisition. You'll drive the creation and execution of strategies to improve your book of business, and deliver best in class new selling partner engagement. You'll lead the recruiting and development of an individual portfolio focusing on driving growth for strategic merchants in your respective product family.
Roles And Responsibilities
Key Accounts Manager (Direct Seller Recruiting) is responsible for driving Selling Partner business growth and delivering a positive experience through the program. The key responsibilities are as follows:
Selling Partner Support and Business Growth
- Identify, prospect and recruit the highest-potential (strategic) merchants to Amazon.sa website, via phone or email
- Effectively prioritize and lead a pipeline of sellers to consistently meet/exceed quarterly targets
- Be a business partner for new sellers providing them with data-driven insights and advice to optimize their success on the Amazon website
- Work closely with new sellers, educating them about Amazon's high standards of Delivery and Customer Experience
- Educate and Enable sellers to learn and master Amazon's tools and systems so they may become self-sufficient in handling their catalog, inventory and performance efficiently and to the required standards
- Learn and understand the specificities of your categories to spot popular brands, trends, seasonal items and pricing to best tailor your pitch and advice to sellers
- Track and report business development results, analyze data, interpret reports and information for your portfolio of sellers
- Prioritize your time optimally to achieve your targets a results oriented environment
- Identify, action and/or provide advice on how to improve business input metrics that drive growth and improve end customer experience, in collaboration with other Amazon programs and teams.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure timely, accurate and professional operational support to all Selling Partners.
Selling Partner Relationship Management
- Build strong relationships with Selling Partners across the portfolio / Category; proactively build joint business plan action items and act as a point of escalation for outstanding issues, questions, and concerns.
- Manage Selling Partner needs and monitor complexity through efficient engagement allocation
- Monitor Selling Partner satisfaction survey results or Anecdotes to analyze both positive and negative feedback trends. Establish improvement plans and mange expectations with Account Managers as appropriate.
Program Process Excellence
- Collaborate with other internal departments to support the improvement of tools and processes to enhance the Selling Partner experience and drive productivity for Account Managers.
- Identify, quantify, and define feature enhancements and new products to improve our service offerings based on customer feedback, data analysis, and feature gaps with competitive products.
- Raise the bar for Account Managers, prioritizing strategic initiatives and escalation support as needed.
- Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of Selling Partners in an ever-changing business environment. Contribute to and lead strategic plans and documents for the organization.
- Partner with external teams including Category Management, Finance, Global Account Management, and Central Support teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth.
- Lead recruiting and hiring efforts across direct team and broader organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Economics or Business from top tier University
- 5-8 years of experience in consultancy, account management, category management, sales/business development
- Significant and relevant experience with multinational organizations
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
- Proven track record of leading large accounts
- Strong organizational and workload management skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and expertise in Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in composing concise, accurate and appropriately targeted responses
- Experience using analytical, sales, and productivity tools including Excel, Quicksight, Salesforce, Microsoft Office...etc
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Possesses SQL experience and literacy
- Postgraduate Degree or MBA from top International University
- 3 years+ of work experience in Business/Strategy Consultancy (multinational consultancy firms)
- Possesses SQL proficiency level
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.