Job description / Role
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
• Provide and dispatch immediate actions to all guest concerns.
• Ensure follow-up of action is completed with-in the quoted time.
• Work with related departments to ensure efficiency in meeting guests needs.
• Promotes hotel services and amenities to encourage an exceptional resort experience.
• Work in a non-supervised environment and take ownership for independent decisions made in the best interest of the guest’s experience.
• Able to contribute to a team environment by assisting co-workers in all departments related to the call center. And ensuring the attention to detail is recorded with each guest’s issue.
• Complies with established safety practices while expertly performing preventive maintenance, repair or retrofit of all type of kitchen equipment work. He is responsible to work closely with Laundry technician when need arises.
• Operates, preventively maintains and repairs all pertinent hotel systems, devices, controls, instruments, kitchen equipments, etc.
• Complies with all established procedures, e.g. Work Orders, Preventive maintenance, Out-of-Order Rooms, Emergencies, etc. & Complies with energy management practices.
• Through logs and utilities data, determines optimal operating efficiencies and takes necessary corrective measures when variance from standards are excessive.
• Attends departmental meetings or any other meetings as may be assigned by Ex. Chief Engineer.
• Carry out preventive maintenance, repair or retrofit of all type of Kitchen work, records and analyses operating logs and utilities. Take immediate measures as necessary. Handles emergencies in repair works.
• Carry out improvement, maintenance and repair work on all building services and equipment according to the standards and requirements.
• Perform daily startup, shutdown and inspection of building services and equipment according to the standards and requirements.
• Maintain tools and equipment, and perform engineering kitchen, F&B dept. work, Update daily maintenance log, complete the work order forms & work place clean tidy and well organized.
• To attend to complaints from hotel other departments & Handles emergencies in repair works.
• Comply with hotel and department policies and procedures at all times & Carry out any other duties as when assigned by the Management of the Hotel and department.
• Work very closely with kitchen Maintenance team, meet the entire job requirement. & Follow all job instructions given by Shift Engineer or other Senior Staffs.
• Follow weekly / monthly duty schedule / split duty schedule and to carry out any other engineering work/ assignment and to perform duty as Task force and may be transferred to other group Hotels as Business demand.
• To be available in Hotel / Colleagues Housing immediately for any emergencies such as Fire and others and act in a professional manner to protect our Guests, Staffs and preserve the Hotel Property and its system. Follow Hotel Crises plan.
• Follow up Company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment. Attend all departmental trainings and other training program.
• Report work related maintenance problem, safety related issue, accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to Shift Engineer or other senior staffs.
• Use proper equipment, Wear appropriate personal protective equipment and use correct lifting procedures as necessary to avoid injury. Follow hazardous Material management program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals etc. Using material safety data sheets. Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to Shift Engineer. Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines. Complete appropriate Fire and safety trainings and certifications to perform work tasks.
• Ensure uniform, nametags and personal appearances are clean, hygienic, professional and compliance with Hotel policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge and skill set:
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
• Minimum three (3) years experience with the similar position in a five star Hotels or similar organization.
• Required trade license or certification or Diploma etc.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.