Job description / Role
The Lab Equipment Resident Engineer (LRE) will be responsible for Preventive Maintenance, Calibration, Troubleshooting and Repairs of all kinds of Lab equipment from various manufacture's commonly used in Petrochemical facilities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The LRE performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
• Implement Laboratory quality management system
• Prepare Monthly, Half yearly/ yearly Preventive maintenance Plan
• Breakdown maintenance: Troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and repair on multivendor lab equipment
• PM activities: Completing Preventative Maintenance, Calibration , prepare historical logs & calibration certificates
• Lab equipment software support services not limited to configuration, backup, upgrades etc..
• Spare parts management, Identify critical Spare Parts and Ordering them on time
• Excellent communication skills, capable to handle all Communication with Original Equipment Manufacture's for successful repairs without additional support and supervision
• Maintaining Master Calibration equipment, tools and ensuring they are calibrated from third party on time.
• Keeping up to date on maintaining Calibration and service logs in a timely manner.
• Familiar with all tools and consumables required to perform calibration and repair services.
• Maintaining daily communications with customers in a professional manner to ensure smooth coronation at site
• Meeting highest norms related to Health, Safety & Environmental and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements
• Familiar with Composition and Morphology, Elemental & Molecular, Thermal & Rheology, Furnace & Oven, Catalyst lab
• Familiar with Sample Preparation, Mechanical & Electrical, Weathering, Chemical , Pipe Testing & Fiber Lab
• Strong Knowledge on Analyzers, Gas Chromatography, Thermal Basics
• Prior Working experience in PM activities in Petrochemical companies and in Polymers Testing laboratories
• Ability to calibrate Petrochemical, Compositional, Chemical Laboratory equipment’s as per ISO 17025:2017
• Maintenance of Calibration master Equipment’s per ISO 17025 and Service tools .
• Preparation of calibration reports, Uncertainty calculations
• Additional Knowledge on Electrical/Mechanical/ Pipe testing equipment’s
SAR 5,000 to 6,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Resident VISA, Health Insurance, Yearly Flight tickets, 30 days paid leaves/year, Gratuity as per KSA laws
Qualifications & Experience:
• 4 years, Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or Instrumentation or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum Five years’ work experience in lab equipment Calibration and Repair services is mandatory
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
• Official Training on ISO 17025 and previous work experience in attending Audit would be an added advantage
About the Company
P I C S A R A B I A (Process Instrumentation & Control Solutions) is a provider of Automation, Controls and Instrumentation Engineering Services, Electrical Engineering Services, Systems Integration, and Technical Support in Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, all kinds of Manufacturing plants, Health (Hospitals) & Construction Industries in Saudi Arabia. For over a period of time, PICSARABIA has built a solid reputation for technical excellence and an uncompromising commitment to quality. We have assembled and trained a highly skilled and experienced team of Engineers and Technicians who deliver a broad range of Design Consultancy and Engineering Support services to virtually all major industries in the region.
PICSARABIA understands client needs for Electrical and Instrumentation service is critical for ensuring stable, accurate and reliable control of process. Our instrumentation team takes pride in their ability to meet project schedules and exceed expectations of our customers.