Job description / Role
Join Fairmont Hotels and Resorts as a Laundry Attendant, You will be responsible for the general work load in the laundry. Duties must be carried out effectively and efficiently. You will be part of a team processing the hotel bedding, linen and other listed items to the highest possible standard and will report to the Laundry Manager
Insert brief highlights of the property or specific department. (Maximum 2 - 3 sentences)
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Laundry Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Check work you are processing for cleanliness.
• Provide a friendly and efficient service
• Process Hotel bedding, colleague Uniforms etc.
• Maintain all Health and Safety Standards
• Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
• Report necessary maintenance items
• Following all safety and sanitation policies
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous experience in housekeeping an asset Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Candidate selection will be based on visa availability at Makkah clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts:
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities-throughout North America and the caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific-as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests