Job description / Role
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
To maximize customer and staff satisfaction by providing neat and clean requests as per instruction of Laundry Manager in accordance with the standards of Radisson SAS Hotels & Resorts. Maintains effective communication within the laundry.
All job should be carried out in an efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble free and proactive way, and in line with departmental guidelines and Radisson SAS Hotels service concepts.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PROVIDE NEAT, CLEAN AND ATTRACTIVE SERVICES
- Maintains work-effective communication within the Laundry Department.
- Handles hotel and guest property carefully and honestly.
- Prepares and finishes all hotel linen in accordance with departmental standards.
- Ensures that all terry items are folded in the prescribed manner.
- Ensures that all Rooms and Food & Beverage linen is processed through the flatwork ironer in the prescribed manner.
- Ensures that production and quality standards are met in accordance with departmental policy.
- Maintains accurate production records.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Ensures that all torn or stained linen is separated for special handling.
- Keeps iron, folder and related equipment clean as per factory recommendations.
- Is familiar with safety security and with fire procedures.
- Reports unusual circumstances to Laundry Manager
- Reports maintenance requests and replacement orders
- Assists guests and other departments when required
- Attends to guest needs and requests courteously and efficiently
SAFETY, SECURITY AND HEALTH
- Ensures safety, maximum security and confidentiality to guests and hotel at all times
- Turns in articles found in Laundry to the Executive Housekeeper for Proper "lost and found" handling
- Reports all potential and real hazards immediately
- Reports any defective equipment immediately
- Is fully aware of all departmental fire, emergency and bomb procedures
- Works in a safe manner in regards to lifting, and utilizes equipment, chemicals and protective devises as instructed
- Looks for possible and probable hazards and conditions and brings them to the attention of the Laundry manager
- Knows the hotel's fire, bomb and emergency procedures
- Adheres to hotel policies and procedures
- Starts working on time
- Wears appropriate uniform correctly, and makes sure it is in good condition
- Uses stockings at all times
- Keeps self to the highest standards of personal hygiene, uniform, appearance, body language
- Is straight forward and brings problems and concerns to the Laundry Manager
- Co-operates with other employees
- Attends trainings meetings as required by Laundry Manager
- Is a team player
- Accepts flexible work schedule when necessary and requested by Laundry Manager
- Maintains own working areas, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape; reports defective materials and equipment to Laundry Manager
- Continuously seeks to improve way of working
- Brings ideas relating to the job to the Laundry Manager's attention
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.