Job description / Role
Role Summary: <br/>We currently have a career opportunity for a Technical Application Engineer (TAE) for the Monitoring & Diagnostics (M&D) product line within Grid Automation. Responsible for providing technical sales support, the M&D TAE will work closely with the regional sales and service teams and directly with customers to determine requirements, demo solutions and promote the business value proposition of the M&D products and solutions. <br/><br/> Essential Responsibilities: <br/>- Acts as expert consultant to guide customer in planning and development of technical solutions
- Assists with technical development of proposals, assuring compliance to Customer's specs by working closely with engineering, product managers, and proposal managers to ensure valid statement of product or work for competitive proposal generation
- Acts as technical support to the commercial teams, providing technical expertise during Customer presentations, demonstrations, evaluations and testing.
- Track issues discovered during demonstration, evaluation, and testing of product and follow through with Technology team to provide a resolution.
- Lead technical presentations presented to customers in support of sales or service.
- Provide product training to customers and relevant external and internal stakeholders.
- Assist customers in product testing at customer location.
- Work directly with customers to influence technical specifications and support sales team to achieve closing key orders
- Responsible for the pre-sales technical support of customers and the sales team
- Take customer requests for quote and develop a product proposal around a particular application
- Outline, present, and sell the value of GE products and services that can benefit GE's customer needs
- Develop and cultivate long-term relationships at the technical levels of customer organizations
- Coordinate with sales teams to make customer calls and presentations and participate in bid meetings and site walk-through meetings with customer as necessary
- Support the development of new leads and market opportunities in the Sales Region
- Support Commercial Segment Leaders and Product Line Leaders with definition and execution of the Product Line strategy, with particular emphasis on Product enhancement, New Product Introductions and value proposition
- Provide an essential link from the customer to marketing, engineering and product development teams
- Partner with peers and management to enhance selling techniques and approaches in line with both Grid Automation's regional growth objectives and the M&D product line's initiatives
- Provide market dynamics input such as competitive intelligence and industry trends to the Marketing and Business teams
- Prepare and present technical presentations, white papers, and case studies at industry conferences <br/><br/> Qualifications/Requirements: <br/>- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Control & Instrumentation Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Monitoring & Diagnostics and/or Power Transformers and/or in Power System Protection and Control
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time, as required <br/><br/> Desired Characteristics: <br/>Power system automation and communication expertise
- Hands on expertise in configuring and troubleshooting transformer dissolved gas analysis devices.
- Transformer monitoring and diagnostic application expertise
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working successfully in cross-functional teams
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and interact with all levels of customers
- Strong background in a customer-interfacing role
- Work efficiently without direct supervision
- Desire to work outside of boundaries and drive change
- Self-starter, positive attitude, committed to the success of the business
- Strong creative and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized
- Flexible and adaptable; open to change and modification of tasks
- Able to share ideas and work well in a team environment
- Proactive approach to tasks - displays initiative
- Strong organizational & communication skills and a proactive
- Customer focused attitude with proven positive results
- Excellent command of spoken and written English <br/><br/> About Us: <br/>GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com <br/><br/> Locations: Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates; Gebze
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.