Job description / Role
- Preparing Estimates for various types of projects (Oil &Gas , Infrastructure, Pipelines, Petrochemical )
- Able to prepare and work on different phases (Piping, HVAC, Electrical , Instrumentation, Communications, Civil and Structural)
- Must have Mechanical or Electrical Degree only
- Preparation of Cost estimate Reports
- Preparing different classes of estimates (Class 1-4)
- Familiar to provide Bottom/Up Build type detailed estimates
- Ensure provided estimates are properly formatted, understandable, and in sufficient detail to allow client /owners monitoring, benchmark actual performance Vs detail estimate package.
- Validate and ensure ER estimate are appropriately developed and meet Company /Client Estimate quality requirements procedures at each step in the project
- Preparation of the Estimate Execution Plan, estimate basis ,estimate allowances and factors.
- Analyze and evaluate quotations received and develop commercial bid evaluation .
- Able to review of drawings and documents received from clients and preparing Bill of Materials and quantities
- Preparing the detailed cost estimate that should include but not limited to:
- Detailed Materials take off with prices
- Direct man-hours for each estimate activities
- In-Direct man-hours calculation based on volume and type of the project task
- Construction equipment calculation and analysis
- In-Direct cost estimate includes temporary facilities, materials storage, transportation and site facilities etc.
- Providing technical support in the review of design packages, drawings and assist Project Management team in analyzing cost data.
- Maintain vendors data base, benchmarking, float enquiries to subcontractors and suppliers
Optional as Advantages
- Implementation of Saudi Aramco Engineering Procedure estimating guidelines SAEP-25, Code of Accounts, standards, Software and specifications will be considered as advantage
- Familiar in using ASPEN Capital Cost Estimator software and any other estimating software will be considered as advantage
- Have worked and lead Multi Million dollars projects estimates
- Have excellent communication and technical writing skills
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).