Job description / Role
• To support the Legal Manager in providing necessary legal services to the Company in all aspects of its business
Major Duties / Responsibilities
• Preparing drafts for contracts in areas such as construction, technical, supply, licensing, services, procurement etc.
• Researching legal issues relative to the Company’s business.
• Drafting and reviewing legal instruments required for the Company.
• Follow-up on legal matters and assignments.
• Provide support for the Legal Manager in drafting, reviewing, following-up, preparing and negotiating different business and corporate legal instruments required for a large international company.
Qualifications and Experience
• Law Degree from an accredited law school.
• Five (5) or more years of experience after graduation in an industrial company or in projects.
• Must speak and write in English fluently.
• Computer skills – Full knowledge of MS Office.
About the Company
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) is a Saudi joint stock company owned jointly by private sector investors from Saudi Arabia and GCC countries. The company was established on 22/12/1999, with a total capital of SR 500 milion (currently SR 1.5 billion).
Sipchem actively invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products that improve the lives of people worldwide.
Through its affiliates, International Methanol Company (IMC) and Gulf Advanced Chemical Industries Company (GACIC), Sipchem produces one million mtpa of methanol and 75 thousand mtpa of butanediol.
For the attainment of sustainable growth according to a special strategy that links the company's present with its future, Sipchem continuously explores the prospects of development and renovation to facilitate the process of desired growth and expansion. In the second half of 2006, Sipchem started construction of Acetyl Complex which consists of Acetic Acid plant (460 thousand mtpa), Vinyl Acetate Monomer plant (330 thousand mtpa) and Carbon Monoxide plant (345 thousand mtpa). Commercial operation of these plants is scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. The launch of these additional facilities demonstrates the company's aggressive expansion program, which aims to make it one of the largest, fully-integrated, petrochemical complexes in the Middle East, owned and operated by the private sector.
In conducting its activities, Sipchem maintains strict adherence to the highest product quality standard without compromising its commitment to the environment and the safety of its employees and the community.
|Abu Dhabi||21 Jan|
Legal Associate (Construction)
Bilingual Legal Counsel
|Abu Dhabi||14 Dec|
Senior Lawyer with Experience Drafting Legislation