Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Library Specialist (Army Aviation) Saudi
The Army Aviation Library Specialist is Responsible for the operation and general security of the assigned library and its holdings.
- Review currency of publications on-hand and initiate requests for changes or new publications.
- Coordinate with the US military publications account holder and other organizations to ensure that the library(s) publications are up to date.
- Respond to requests for new publications and periodicals from members of the organization. This includes initiating procurement of regulations, manuals, technical conference materials, and
- engineering drawings required to support the RSLFAC Program.
- Prepare and maintain systematic library checkout and return records.
- Prepare and update a comprehensive publications inventory.
- Maintain official office correspondence files to include publications requisitions and inventories, computer printout reports, and other correspondence.
- Operate personal computers and word processors, electric or manual typewriters and copy machines. Type a variety of official correspondence relating to the operation of the library.
- Inspect all aviation maintenance shop sub-libraries for completeness and currency, Post changes to required publications.
- May be required to assist in the training of personnel in operation of libraries to include posting changes.
- Perform other duties as directed by functional supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Formal training and education in office management is desired. Formal schooling in library administration is highly desirable.
- Two (2) years of experience as a librarian is Required.
- One (1) year of experience may be substituted with a minimum of one (1) year of formal training in Library administration or other applicable administration training.
- Knowledge of and having experience in operating a US or other military technical library is desired.
- US Citizen required.
- US Passport Required, with the ability to obtain the required Saudi Visa ("Igama") and pass the required Deployment Medical.
Additional / Preferred Skills:
- Skilled in the operation of computers, word processors, and other office library equipment is desired.
- Able to read, speak, and understand Arabic and English language fluently is desired.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.