Job description / Role
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Process Consultant preferably with expertise in heavy engineering (preferably mining and metals) and chemical industry. Advises clients regarding products & solutions for solving problems in the Mining Industry. Specialist knowledge in the trends and directions of the industry, the marketplace, and the players. This specialization requires broad knowledge of the Mining industry and deep knowledge of clients' businesses and how it relates to specific Mining segments. Specific to this role the consultant is expected to have deep knowledge of Transport and Logistics in the mining sector, so that they can bring thought leadership and industry best practice to the Analysis and Design phase of a Mining Transformation Programme.
Candidate should posses excellent Knowledge on relevant Modules/ Suites, preferably Certified.
Candidate should be able to:
- Analyze Business Processes and Identify Requirements
- Map requirements into Relevant Module functionalities. If not mapped in standard functionality, will be able to suggest proper Technology & Solution to map the requirements,
- Perform System Configuration, POC, Testing in collaboration with all other relevant Modules
- Able to write Functional Specification document, Technical Solution Outlining
- Able to write Test Scenarios, Test Scripts for Unit Testing, Module Testing, System Integration Testing
- Able to actively participate in User Testing, Test script preparation
- Training material preparation and providing Training to Users
- Able to identify, analyse Issues during & after Go-Live (Post-Production Support)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Very good knowledge of Dry bulk, chemical, gas and non-bulk (Containers + Turks + Air fright) Supply chain Process with relevant experience in Ma'aden industries/businesses
- Experience in supply chain in the area of logistics implementation at least 3 Implementation projects
- Worked extensively with experience on OTM and Oracle Cloud application along with "if any" any logistics 3rd party software
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.