Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
To manage, coordinate, analyse and assess the financial activities of the projects and provide financial advice to contract directors to facilitate sound business decisions. Additionally, to provide the Finance Business Partner (FBP) with analysis and reporting to accurately capture the performance of the business and forecast the future financial performance.
- Monitor and manage the activities for the relevant project(s) and ensure procurement, AP and AR are running smoothly;
- Monitor the controls of the relevant project(s) by ensuring that policies and procedures areadhered to e.g. PO procedures, delegated authority limits, bank mandates and expense guidelines;
- Liaise with the Shared Service Centre and bank customer relationship managers on a daily basis ensuring smooth flow of accounting activities;
- Monthly journals prior to closure of books of accounts;
- Monthly scrutiny of books of accounts prior to closure including payroll review;
- Produce customer invoices;
- Consolidation of the monthly reporting pack for FBP review;
- Balance sheet management for relevant profit centre(s) with monthly reconciliations provided and clean balance sheet maintained;
- Professional Degree in Finance and Accounting
- Knowledge of SAP financial and accounting software applications would be preferred
- Knowledge and experience of related computer applications including advanced Excel skills;
- A minimum of 4 years' experience, in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, and providing financial advice;
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.