Job description / Role
This position retains performance responsibility of SAPL personnel working in support of the department activities, ensuring that work of MSA support staff conforms with department needs. Supports, as Deputy of Department, the development of engineering studies, technical specifications and engineering designs, issuance and review of engineering drawings/ documents for the facilities of Royal Commission at the cities, and provides the needed technical support to RC departments/ Divisions as needed.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES
• Support the Director in establishing and then implement department policies, goals, objectives, and procedures as approved by the Director of Engineering.
• Ensure new operations plans, policies, procedures, and transition/migration plans for the department are consistent with the overall goals and objectives of RC, respective business unit and division as directed by the Director of Engineering.
• Develop departmental business plans that are in line with Division/Business Unit/RC objectives as directed by the Director.
Budgeting and Control
• Assist the Director in establishing and implementing the business plan, priorities and working objectives of the department and section in alignment with Executive Management’s vision as stated with the approved Annual Work Plan.
• Actively participate and contribute to the department staffing and budget planning as instructed by the Director of Engineering.
• Monitor costs and resources in day to day activities as approved by the Director of Engineering.
• Support Director in establishing and then monitoring department’s staffing and budgeting projections.
• Be prepared to represent the department in executive management meetings as necessary.
• Coordinate with other departments and Divisions in the implementation of the current and future Master Plan deliverables and initiatives.
• Assist in establishing, implementing, monitoring, and enforcing departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures
• Actively participate in relevant coordination meetings and provide direction in daily operations to all section and department staff to manage output and products in accordance with the department objectives.
• Manage the preparation of studies, technical specifications and engineering designs for the facilities of Royal Commission (RC).
• Review the scope of work for the engineering projects and technical specifications and manage proposal analysis.
• Review soil investigation reports and advises appropriate building sites.
• Oversee the issuance of building permits and licenses for the utilization of utilities.
• Set the guidelines for the design of roads, pavements, lighting, storm drainage and city beautification projects.
• Review and recommend approval of engineering drawings and documents.
• Administer and control technical studies and engineering contracts.
• Manage the process of providing associated services to investors/tenants in line with their requests.
• Manage and oversee the process of technical design and specification preparation, the issuance and detailing of engineering drawings, diagrams, charts and statistics.
• Coordinate and responsible for development of detailed report for inclusion in the Unified Monthly Report prepared by Project Management Department.
• In the absence of the Director, support the acting Director until such time as the director resumes his duties.
• Any other Engineering related activities requested by the Director of Engineering.
• Direct or assist in establishing, measuring, and reporting the achievement of department goals and targets, KPI’s, QA/QC procedures and performance as approved by the Director of Engineering.
• Assist the Director in identifying gaps in knowledge and skillsets of staff, and in implementation of appropriate training and career path advancement tools as requested by the Director of Engineering.
• Assist the Department Director in communicating the support needs of the department (as agreed and approved by the Director of Engineering) to the SAPL Program Manager.
• Evaluate subordinates performance in a fair, transparent and objective manner on a periodic basis
• Create an environment where Innovators can successfully achieve professional career path goals.
• Resolve problems and issues as they relate to departmental scope and management of staff personnel.
• Communicate relevant information to subordinates and superiors.
• Analyze difficult employee situations, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual, in order to suggest a path of action to the Director for implementation.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or directed by the Director to achieve departmental success.
Education / Experience Profile
• 10 years of relevant managerial experience in addition to a minimum of 10 years in the field of design and implementation of Engineering Projects (a minimum total of 20 years total experience)
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Engineering Discipline)
• Masters degree in a relevant field (Cost Management, Project Management), preferred.
• Relevant Certification Preferred (Project Management Professional-PMP).
Key Technical Skills
Requires strong design background in roads, highways, buildings and infrastructure projects.
• Conversant with technical reports, specifications, drawings and proposals.
• Familiarity with cost control and cost management methods.
• Experience in designing technical projects, preparing project scope and technical details then assessing and analyzing proposals from vendors for implementation
• Cost management skills.
• Relevant computer proficiency, experience in using Microsoft Package, and other relevant software (AutoCAD, MATLAB).
• Time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Advanced knowledge in English - Spoken and Written.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.