Job description / Role
Manager/Senior Manager - Technology Consulting - Microsoft Alliance - Cloud Architect
With a broad understanding of the full lifecycle of our clients' business, EY has the knowledge and experience to integrate cloud strategy where it makes the most impact and transformation. EY's Microsoft cloud solutions offer a balance of business, technology, and strategy. EY works with high profile clients across the region, working to solve some of their most challenging issues. As our practice continues to grow quickly, EY is actively investing in the latest cloud technology and talent. This is the perfect time to join and make your mark on significant cloud projects across a wide variety of industries, platforms, and technologies.
This is a technical leadership role guiding clients on end-end cloud solutions and architecture for large scale cloud transformation projects. Most of your time will be spent embedded with our clients' team and we'll look to you to provide them with a unique perspective on how they must continue to innovate and remain competitive with cloud technologies.
Your key responsibilities
- With your end to end Cloud computing subject matter expertise you will lead and guide on determining the right architectures for large scale cloud transformation projects including supporting the response to client proposals and bids. Understanding the governance and decision processes, as well as customer's business and technology priorities to ensure proper usage patterns.
- Driving the advancement of Cloud Usage in our largest, most strategic customers.
- Impacting the strategic direction of Microsoft Business Applications Engineering by gathering cross teams and customer feedback to influence organizational direction to achieve market making impact.
- Leading technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, Architecture and design sessions, PoCs, Hackathons and Pilots that help empower our customers to successfully drive, govern, and implement Cloud Solutions aligned to their both long term/strategic, and immediate short-term business needs
- Leading to clear technical, competitive, security, and integration blockers, to name a few, to accelerate customer usage on Cloud Platform by orchestrating a variety of technical and non-technical resources, both internally and externally, supported by deep technical/functional expertise. Lead the discovery, business value assessment, planning and delivery of journey to the cloud.
- Build deep relationships and trust with various customer technical communities including CIO/CTO/Architecture Leads.
- Utilizing key methodologies, processes and assets to execute the strategies, achieve goals, scale impact, and enable a strong experience for our clients.
- Work with our Industry teams at EY and Microsoft to ensure Cloud is infused into broader EY solutions. Work closely with relevant groups in all Technology Alliances.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree ideally in technology (Business with MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems)
- 10+ years of work experience in technical leadership roles at a consulting/professional services company, cloud provider or customer environment in Enterprise.
- Delivered exceptional client value through assessing current application landscape, recommending and delivering future state cloud architectures.
- Provide a new perspective to tough technical challenges and crafting solutions.
- Capturing best practices and sharing with clients/team. Key is the ability for the end-end perspective.
- Deep subject matter expertise in Cloud Computing and at least one other area that's a technology passion such as AI, Security, IoT, infrastructure modernization, data management, application development, data and analytics, security and compliance, networking, hybrid migration and program management.
- Hands on experience of Microsoft Azure, D365, M365 and awareness of the following platforms Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Services, VMWare, large Open Source environments.
- Cloud Certifications Microsoft Azure, D365, M365 Solutions Architect.
- Solid practical experience of AI implementations in companies and organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills (CIO/CTO/Head of Enterprise Architecture).
- Confidence to lead meetings with client sponsors, management, and individual contributors.
- Availability to locate and travel in the Middle East & North Africa.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Business Arabic oral and written
- Experience in AI, Expert Systems, NLP, Vision, ML, Speech, Planning, Robotics & IoT
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture Certifications in TOGAF, ITIL or similar.
- Leading and inspiring teams (directly or indirectly) on key technologies and best practices.
- Engagement with Enterprise customers across multiple countries and industries in a broader region responsibility.
Other Skills and attributes for success
- Leading team members in the development of applicable methodologies, tools, approaches, points of view, thought leadership and accelerators to differentiate EY in the Cloud Technology market.
- Being proactive and driven to continually learn emerging technologies and business best practices.
- Developing long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Interacting and communicating effectively with teammates, clients, stakeholders, and executives.
- Being visible in the market to promote new ideas in your domain and the excellence in cloud consulting services offered by EY.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes regional competitive package.
Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region