Marine Facilities Engineer
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Marine Facilities Engineer (MFE) to join the Tanajib Marine Operations Division, which is part of the Marine Department.
The Marine Department provides services to offshore customers, including tugs for terminal, maintenance vessels for offshore platforms, and Anchor Handling Tug Supply & Safety vessels (AHTSS) for drilling rigs, diving operations and under water repairs.
The primary responsibility of the MFE is the asset management of marine facilities by initiating, consulting, and monitoring construction, maintenance, improvement, and modification work. The marine facilities infrastructure and equipment assets include terminal management systems, piers, buildings, yards, roadways, tanks, bulk silos, pipework, valves, pumps, instrumentation, electrical substations, generators, oily waste and sewage lift systems.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will be required to perform the following:
- Plan, schedule and monitor the following: projects, maintenance activities, and major improvements and modifications to facility assets.
- Coordinate with other units, divisions and departments in the execution of projects and maintenance activities in marine facilities.
- Lead facilities management (both Saudi Aramco and contractor personnel) in the performance of duties.
- Assure facilities construction and maintenance conforms to engineering design, specifications, codes, and standards.
- Review design proposals to assure compliance with scope, design, maintenance, and repair requirements.
- Prepares reports, studies, and recommendations for changes to marine facilities.
- Forecast requirements and overseas asset and equipment integrity, ensuring reliability for continuity of service provision.
- Ensure reports, logs, checklists, inspections, and asset record keeping are correct and up-to-date.
- Coordinate land use within facilities and review external land use permits for conformity and planning development forecasts.
- As the successful candidate, you will hold a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and have at least fifteen years' experience of facilities management for marine facilities or plants.
- Must have excellent knowledge of port or harbor facilities, plants or similar infrastructure.
- In addition to the technical requirements, you must possess excellent problem-solving skills and a high degree of adaptability.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both orally and in written English.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.