Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
At Chalhoub, we share incredible experiences together! As a Marketing Manager you can expect to work on the creation of the marketing plan, manage the operations of the marketing department and team, and oversee the yearly budgets. As well as working with some of the biggest brands in the region, you will have a space to express your ideas!
- Develop the business plan of the Marketing Department in line with the strategic objectives of the Brand
- Formulate and communicate the Marketing Department performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Develop the Marketing Department policies and procedures in order to ensure the fulfilment of organizational requirements
- Oversee the operations of the Marketing Department, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Monitor the yearly budget of the Marketing Department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
Marketing and Strategic Operations
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and mark-up factors
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers
- Participate with Brand/ Product Managers and/or the Division Manager in setting up the yearly plan suitable for the market and as per the brands guidelines
- Participate with the General Manager in strategic meeting with suppliers, regional teams...to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity...)
- Monitor the market trends, identify new target markets and determine potential positioning
- Coordinate with suppliers, contractors, logistics, marketing and merchandizing with regards to new openings, closing or renovation operations
- Maintain smooth relationship with the suppliers and business partners
- Follow up on sales reports and use information to take action when necessary
- Record, monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities and provides suggested action plans
- Provide the General Manager with quantitative and qualitative reports using data from market studies
- Assist the General Manager in defining the yearly strategic plan for the network and in preparing the yearly budgets and forecasted sales
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction
- Manage the organization's resources within budget guidelines
- Provide prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep management appropriately informed of the organization's financial position
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
What you'll need to succeed
- University Degree in Marketing or any relevant field/ Master's degree is a plus
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with at least 4 years in a similar role
- Team Player
- Communicator ,Creative and Analytical
- Business Acumen
- Customer or Market Focus
- Demonstrating Customer Centricity
- Developing and Engaging Team Members
- Demonstrating Personal Resilience and Adapting to Change
- Driving Innovation, Being Inclusive and Driving Results
- Marketing Strategy and Positioning
- Understanding and Developing Self
- Collaborating and Influencing with Respect and Trust
- Demonstrating Strategic Vision
- Digital Marketing Channels
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Role: Marketing Manager - Own Concept
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.