Job description / Role
- Collaborate with other managers to determine supply needs
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures
- Oversee distribution of supplies in the organization
- Control inventory levels and ensure availability of material during emergencies
- Supervise, evaluate and coach subordinates
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc.
- Assist in forecasting to plan future orders
- Bachelor in Engineering; Bachelor in Business Administration; MBA preferred
- Excellent knowledge of the construction industry; ideally, has held a senior supply chain role within a construction company
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communications, presentation, and organization / project management skills, and a proven ability to motivate and manage teams
- Minimum13 years experience in Purchasing / Supply chain in a comparable sized operation to ESEC
- Experience in the Middle East is a strong plus
- Fluent in English and preferably Arabic language
- Experience in leading, directing, and controlling of purchasing and logistics activities as per set policies and procedures
- The timely execution of purchase transactions, and the timely delivery of the purchased goods to warehouses
- Expert in providing periodic procurement reports
- Experience working with operations on all matters relating to purchasing and logistics
- Experienced working as a materials manager for a major precast or cement, concrete production company/factory.
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.