Job description / Role
The Mechanical Engineering Manager is responsible for the effective control of the Mechanical Engineering Unit. Provides professional engineering discipline support to the program projects with emphasis on promoting and maintaining the technical adequacy, uniformity, and quality of the project designs in conformance with approved standards and codes.
Member of the Technical Support Section of the Engineering Department providing support to all Yanbu projects. Reports professionally to the TSS Supervisor and RC Section Manager. Provides effective leadership and technical assistance in a specialized area to subordinates or peers. Interfaces with other engineering disciplines, project staff, other RC/MSC departments, A/E representatives, and construction contractor representatives.
You will be responsible for
• Managing the Unit to meet the development program requirements.
• Coordinating the Unit’s activities with those of other Units within the Engineering Department.
• Supervise technical performance of personnel within the Section.
• Provide technical advice to other Sections.
• Represent the Unit at project and inter unit meetings, as appropriate.
• Prepare technical specifications and scope of work descriptions.
• Provide technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences.
• Review A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, and calculations submittals and coordinates with the work of other disciplines.
• Perform field inspections and provides professional field support as necessary during construction phases.
• Prepare interface layouts and conflicts solutions.
• Prepare man hour estimates and material takeoffs.
• Prepare technical correspondence, reports, and studies.
• Support is more than a “motto” here. It's the way we function!
In our organization, everyone gives and gets the support that inspires us to perform at our best. When you’re recognized and rewarded for jobs well done… when you don’t have to watch your back… you can open up and look forward to growth and opportunity, and so can every person you manage. We foster a culture of diversity and inclusion, where all people are respected for who they are, appreciated for their skills, and offered access to opportunity. Here, success is a team effort. Join us.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a Western recognized university with a minimum of 15 years postgraduate professional experience, a minimum of 10 years of Mechanical systems design experience for infrastructure, building, power plants, desalination and cooling plants
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience as a discipline team lead or supervisor.
• Registration in Country of Origin in an Engineering Professional Association equivalent to US PE or UK Chartered Engineer status is essential.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• A proven record of technical and administrative ability in design management.
• Demonstrable experience in the application of North American Codes and Standards and Specifications
• Working experience of managing a design team working with AutoCAD Revit and knowledge of working in a BIM Environment (strong BIM Experience would be an advantage).
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
|Saudi Arabia||22 Jul|
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||13 Aug|
Design Mechanical Engineer - Energy / Climate Control
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior MEP Manager