Job description / Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join our expanding team in Riyadh, to work on a range of challenging projects, in our Civil/Building Structures practise based in Saudi Arabia.
- Mechanical building services engineering, Assisting on the concept design through to construction issue and site supervision
- Carrying out design calculations on a variety of buildings within different sectors i.e. Mass transportation buildings schools, hospitals, leisure facilities buildings,
- Aware of preparing technical specifications
- Aware of preparing drawings for drafting by our CAD team
- Report writing
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Considerable experience of working in Mechanical Building Services Engineering involving HVAC, Controls, Plumbing, PHE, Fire.
- Awareness of variety of concept, scheme and construction design schemes in a number of different sectors.
- The Individual
- Ability to adapt to diverse cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers
- Experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 days working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24-hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).