Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Mechanical HVAC design engineer to oversee the design and implementation of HVAC engineering systems, ranging from Heating, Ventilation and Air conditioning to district cooling system, shall handle all aspects of the design process, which can include analyzing the building, performing design calculations, and choosing the appropriate HVAC system and equipment for installation.
Mechanical HVAC design engineer is likewise tasked with overseeing personnel assigned to the project, and providing training and mentoring to junior engineering staff. As Lead HVAC engineer, He could also be responsible for performing quality assurance reviews on projects, evaluating all technician drawings, and providing assistance on client requests for information (RFIs), managing to design within the project's budget and perform value engineering when applicable. He may work on projects for use in a wide variety of buildings, such as residential facilities, commercial businesses, recreation and learning institutions.
- Performs the function of Heating, Ventilation and Air conditioning (HVAC) design including production of construction documents related to commercial, institutional, residential and office facilities.
- Designs HVAC systems and selection of equipment and perform analysis for climatic control of facilities to provide safe and healthy environment with thermal control and air quality.
- Assesses projects, identify design requirements and prepare necessary design calculations using hand calculations and uses computer to run standard programs in order to solve engineering problems as required.
- Prepares design packages for mechanical systems including preparation of design drawings, scopes of work and technical specifications for determining heat load, ventilation and air quality requirements, A/C duct sizing, chiller design, air handling unit design, piping, pumps and all related system controls and components.
- Provides expert advice and assistance to design, construction, and maintenance engineers and operating personnel on all matters pertaining to the mechanical field.
- Writes technical reports and provides solution to complex technical problems.
- Determine all required design elements necessary for code compliance. Coordinate development of work scopes and detailed technical specifications.
- Lay out plans and detailed drawings for development by draftsmen. Identify standard details and develop new details as required.
- Prepares cost estimates and material take-offs for the work as applicable and coordinate with Cost Engineers on the development of project estimates.
- Supports project on-site execution, project proposals and initiate detailed work outlines. Make decisions to support projects and act as technical consultant when required.
- Candidate must possess BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering as minimum with emphasis on building trade HVAC / Building services engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years' senior experience in design related to HVAC with a total of fifteen (15) years' experience from date of graduation.
- Hold a certificate in field of HVAC from recognized institution.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledgeable in mechanical HVAC design calculation related software.
- Shall be well versed in ASHREA, AMCA and SMACNA as well as other related International Engineering and Construction Codes and Standards such as International Building Code, International Fire Code, and International Mechanical Code.
- Professional attitude, pleasant personality and dedicated individual are desired.
- Must have design experience with HVAC systems that comply with LEED requirements.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.