This position is closed or expired.
See other Healthcare jobs
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre (KFSH&RC)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Head, Department of Photo-Graphics
Schedules, organizes and produce original visual materials designed to facilitate the recording and communication of medical, biological and related knowledge to support educational, instructional and educational materials and advise and promotional programs.
- Meets with staff physicians, researchers, nursing and technical staff, and other members of the Hospital and academic community to evaluate proposed instructional and educational materials and advise them as to the most effective method of presentation.
- Designs and produces illustrations for medical, surgical and research papers, bulletins and journals; patient relations and patient care materials and exhibit, symposia and poster sessions.
- Designs or assists in the design of medical or scientific exhibits for professional meetings and conferences.
- Develops or assists in the development of prostheses or models for instructional purposes.
- Develops or assists in the development of instructional packages for patient instruction or continuing physician education.
- Designs and produces medically oriented graphics for film and videotape
- Records and illustrates surgical procedures, surgical and pathological anomalies and specimen, and other medical phenomena.
- Develops, designs and produces technical drawings of medical research apparatus, as well as charts, graphs and tables of statistical materials for publication or lecture slides for presentation.
- Designs pamphlets and brochures and supervises their development to completion.
- Follows all Hospital-related policies and procedures.
- Participate in self and others’ education, training and development, as applicable.
Master’s degree in Medical Illustration or BA with certification in Medical Illustration.
EXPERIENCE & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
Two (2) years of experience as a Medical Illustrator with Master’s degree or three (3) years of experience with BA and a certification from an accreditation body. A strong portfolio is required.
About the Company
KFSH&RC is an 894-bed multi-facility, multi-entity tertiary care hospital and one of the leading healthcare institutions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Its mission is to provide medical services of highly specialized nature and promote medical research and education programs, including postgraduate education training, as well as contribute to the prevention of disease.