Mergers and Acquisition Senior Manager/Director
Ernst & Young
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Our clients are increasingly looking for our advise and help in implementing their inorganic growth and exit strategies. When you join our experienced M&A Energy & Resources team, you'll be at the heart of that challenge, guiding clients through every stage of their transaction lifecycle, be it acquisitions, disposals, management buy-outs, buy-ins, fundraising, initial public offerings, takeovers, mergers and strategic reviews.
We are looking for an experienced M&A professional to join our high performing team. As a M&A Senior Manager/Director, you will play an integral role in providing end-to-end Transaction execution. You will leverage off an extensive global network, empowering you to provide credible and insightful advice on the sale process from strategic positioning to close, and help execute acquisitions, alliances and mergers.
You will lead the execution of transactions across their different stages. You will take an active role in deals origination and broader business development activities including involvement in the preparation of pitch books, discussion documents and other marketing materials, and meeting with existing / prospective clients. You will also be responsible for the following, among others:
- Originate and deliver transaction ideas, identifying opportunities, opening and leveraging relationships;
- Project manage the transactions, drive the target timetable / milestones, ensure quality on client deliverables, as well as managing counterparties and other advisers;
- Manage the overall Transaction risks and proactively put in place actional mitigations to ensure successful closure of the Transaction; and
- Lead, develop and counsel junior colleagues, share knowledge, and take an active role in the growth and development of the whole team
Skills & Attributes for Success
- Experience of M&A, corporate finance, capital markets, and fund raising in an investment bank, professional services firm or boutique with a track record of working on both the buy-side and sell-side transactions.
- The role would require strong numerical, financial and critical thinking skills.
- You will have sound judgement and an ability to generate creative solutions to Transaction issues
To qualify you must have
- Bachelor's degree ideally in a finance or related specialization from a reputable University
- At least 7-8 years' experience in a M&A environment, including experience playing a key role in executing transactions
- Strong communication, presentation and project management skills
- Proven ability to produce high quality and impactful professional documents for clients and internal use
- Flexibility to travel (approx. 25% to 75%)
Ideally, you will also have
- MBA or Master's degree in finance (or related field) from a reputable University
- CFA Qualification
- Energy & Resources experience is preferred, but not a must
- Transactions experience in a client facing role within a professional services, investment bank or similar organization(s)
- GCC experience or working in one of the mature markets
What we look for
We are interested in highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region