Job description / Role
• Develop and review domain-specific technology strategy within mobile
• Develop initiatives and plans for implementation of the mobile domain strategy
• Ensure mobile domain strategy conforms to corporate level strategy and overarching technology strategy
• Manage competitive intelligence gathering process
• Consider technology strategy requirements as well as objectives and consult technology strategy development with mobile-specific requirements and objectives
• Review and update Wireless Network Strategy based on 3GPP Standardization update, Industry trends, Vendors Roadmaps and market trends.
• Conduct research and analysis on external factors influencing mobile domain strategy
• Provide Global Frequency strategic direction and its adoption in line with ITU and WRC recommendations including frequency refarming, emerging technology access (5G and beyond), IoT, Mission critical and its strategic case, 4G Evolution etc.
• Deliver domain strategy for crucial streams like Cloud RAN, Antenna Evolution and its deployment plan, Small Cells strategic case and its deployment strategy, associated business case preparation and its evolution.
• Conduct research and analysis of internal factors (resources & capabilities) influencing mobile domain strategy
• Support the technology innovation process within mobile and align with sectors on emerging technologies, trends and key innovation topics
• Support the mapping and monitoring of technologies underlying business capabilities, as well as emerging new uses and standards
• Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Technology
• Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Technology (preferred)
• Experience in telecommunications sector and technologies
• Experience with developing strategic plans
• Expert in planning and design of mobile network with multiple technologies
• Expert in Frequency planning and spectrum utilization
• Expert knowledge in the strategy development and business planning processes
• Expert knowledge of telecommunications product & services portfolio
• Able to structure problems logically, test hypotheses and draw convincing conclusions
• Ability to follow the industry trend, latest technical development in mobile access area and be able to participate in detailed deep technical discussion with business partners
• A clear and concise communicator work both verbally and with written material
• Expert proficiency in wireless network life cycle i.e. Planning, Design and operation.
• Advance proficiency in data analysis, reporting skills and relevant reporting software and tools
About the Company
A leading technology management consultancy in the UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Manager (Strategy Consulting) Telecommunications
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Senior Manager Service Assurance
Senior Manager Transformation Fulfillment & Service Assurance
Etisalat - UAE
Senior Engineer Demand & Delivery Management
|Kuwait City||14 Dec|
General Manager - Digital Transformation