Job description / Role
To participate in the MSO/Network Engineering, Installation, Configuration and O&M activities in order to provide technical support for smooth operation of network and effectively support business operations of company. Responsible for providing Level 3 Technical Support for client for TETRA system.
• Handles the operation of all network elements in MSO for ensuring trouble free operation of network.
• At least two (2) years of proven practical experience, on TETRA network systems (including Mobile Switching Office (MSO), TETRA Base Stations, TETRA Subscribers, Dispatchers and Automatic Vehicle Locations (AVL).
• To participate in the MSO/Network Engineering, Installation, Configuration and O&M activities in order to provide technical support for smooth operation of network and effectively support business operations of company
• Monitoring and surveillance of network alarms through OMC terminals and MSO maintenance consoles and execute appropriate preventive and corrective maintenance with concerned O&M personnel as needed for system operation.
• Plan and Perform preventive maintenance to ensure that all services and network elements are up and healthy for achieving high availability rates of network.
• Participate to update the system manual in routine to reflect up to date information of network configuration. Identify contents and modification requirements.
• Carry out routine backups, archiving, database maintenance configure, maintain network services, network devices for proper operation of network.
• Participate in design and provision of timely response to system failures for resolution.
• Ensure that teams are equipped with processes to carry out FRU swaps for faulty equipments for restoration.
• Carry out technical activities for troubleshooting of non typical failure cases and participate for finding root cause.
• Interface with suppliers / vendors for rectification of any break-down or malfunction of systems or equipment supplied by them.
• Maintains and updates the network and security infrastructure, tests and implements vendor security patches for the network security.
• Conduct site walks to identify requirements for site readiness for MSO/network equipment installations to meet required civil design objectives.
• Participate in planning and design of MSO network and layouts by providing suggestions and recommendation for optimum design.
• Monitor Network traffic and usage and generate appropriate flags for capacity additions to system resources to enable efficient communication.
• Participate in installation and & configuration of MSO, network, security infrastructure and the NMS/Monitoring equipments as per agreed quality standards to ensure required operation.
• Conduct acceptance testing as per given procedures with customer/contractors for completed jobs to ensure compliance with contract terms and integrate into O&M programs.
• Produce routine reports and fault logs to enable proper performance monitoring of the network.
• Initiate & monitor system modifications to HW, SW, & FW. Provide support, Trouble shoot & resolve HW, SW, & FW problems.
• Ensure that checks are done to ascertain serviceability of vehicles, tools and safety equipment.
• Arrange all necessary tools and material required for job..
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical/ Electronic with major Communication/Telecommunication Engineering
• Or Software Engineering with Telecom Networks
• Certifications preferred in any of following: TETRA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CNE
• 2 to 5 years in relevant field
• Good Knowledge of Engineering concepts in RF communication systems, antenna, DC system, circuits, power distribution and electronics, SDH/PDH microwave, or GSM.
• Know how of OS: Windows, UNIX, Linux, Novell
• Knowledge in Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP. Databases.
• Preferred know how of equipments: CISCO, SUN solaris equipments.
About the Company
National Advanced Systems Co. Ltd. (NASCO) was founded in early 1989, with a fully paid capital of 28 million Saudi riyals.The company is focused on providing quality telecom and security solutions through partnerships with world’s leading vendors.
As a leading telecom and security solutions provider, NASCO bears an important responsibility of providing cutting-edge, future-centric solutions to its customers. The quality, reliability and robustness of NASCO’s partnerships and services are the key to our customer satisfaction.
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||11 Jan|
Electrical QC Engineer II
Electrical Technical Engineer (Infrastructure)
Network Engineer/ Network Administrator
Future Careers Middle East
Datacenter Electrical Engineer
Saudi Networkers Services (SNS Group)