Job description / Role
To participate in the MSO/Network Engineering, Design, Installation, Configuration and O&M activities in order to provide technical support for smooth operation of network and effectively support business operations of company.
• Handles the operation of all network elements in MSO for ensuring trouble free operation of network.
• Monitoring and surveillance of network alarms through OMC terminals and MSO maintenance consoles and execute appropriate preventive and corrective maintenance with concerned O&M personnel as needed for system operation.
• Plan and Perform preventive maintenance to ensure that all services and network elements are up and healthy for achieving high availability rates of network.
• Participate to update the system manual in routine to reflect up to date information of network configuration. Identify contents and modification requirements.
• Plan and conduct inventory is done in routine and on required basis for system equipment and spares to collect and maintain Asset data.
• Ensure that required spares are available for interruption free operation.
• Carry out routine backups, archiving, database maintenance configure, maintain network services, network devices for proper operation of network.
• Participate in design and provision of timely response to system failures for resolution.
• Ensure that teams are equipped with processes to carry out FRU swaps for faulty equipment for restoration.
• Carry out technical activities for troubleshooting of non typical failure cases and participate for finding root cause.
• Follow procedures for proper escalation and resolution of faults.
• Ensure that the environmental conditions for all systems are properly monitored and responded to ensure trouble free operation.
• Interface with suppliers / vendors for rectification of any break-down or malfunction of systems or equipment supplied by them.
• Monitor and carry out inspection for maintenance contract works, and inform management of any poor service or deviation of contracts.
• Maintains and updates the network and security infrastructure, tests and implements vendor security patches for the network security.
• Participate in installation and & configuration of RF sites at MSO, network, security infrastructure and the NMS/Monitoring equipment as per agreed quality standards to ensure required operation.
• Conduct acceptance testing as per given procedures with customer/contractors for completed jobs to ensure compliance with contract terms and integrate into O&M programs.
• Bachelors Degree in Telecom, Communications, Electronics, Electrical, Computer science, information technology, Or Masters in Science subjects with proven track record of Engineering Jobs
• Certifications preferred in any of following: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CNE
• Experience is preferred but not a must for B.SC Engineering qualification.
• 2 to 4 years in relevant field with Masters degree in Science.
• Good Knowledge of Engineering concepts in RF communication systems, antenna, DC system, circuits, power distribution and electronics, SDH/PDH microwave, or GSM.
• Know how of OS: Windows, UNIX, Linux, Novell
• Knowledge in Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP. Databases.
• Preferred know how of equipments: CISCO, SUN solaris equipments.
About the Company
National Advanced Systems Co. Ltd. (NASCO) was founded in early 1989, with a fully paid capital of 28 million Saudi riyals.The company is focused on providing quality telecom and security solutions through partnerships with world’s leading vendors.
As a leading telecom and security solutions provider, NASCO bears an important responsibility of providing cutting-edge, future-centric solutions to its customers. The quality, reliability and robustness of NASCO’s partnerships and services are the key to our customer satisfaction.
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
A Leading Technology Solutions Provider in Qatar
Security Network Engineer
Ebttikar Technology Company
|Saudi Arabia||7 May|
Desktop & Network Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||10 May|