Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. As we tackle the world's biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals.
Multi Vendor Services (MVS) Sales Specialist
- MVS Sales Specialist professionals are responsible for selling IBM Multi-Vendor Services (MVS) offerings directly to customers.
- The MVS Sales Specialist is the lead sales person on TSS Multi-Vendor Services (MVS) engagement.
- You will be an expert in MVS offerings and responsible for the development and closing complex TSS MVS solutions in country.
- You will be leading large, multi-functional teams covering large, complex MVS opportunities, negotiating with the highest levels of customer management and responsible for the unit MVS sales strategy, gathering requirements and provide advice to sales and development executives.
In addition to achieving personal business objectives, MVS Sales Specialist assures that sales of MVS offerings meets assigned objectives in the country.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive/expert technical sales knowledge of MVS offerings, along with with financial and selling skills in engaging and closing sales opportunities, that can be applied to opportunities across the business unit. Demonstrates required proficiency levels for technical and sales skills, as defined for incumbents in this position.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the management and/or sales processes, techniques, and tools associated with the specialty offerings, and guides others in their use. Identifies and implements improvements to them. Examples of these techniques and tools include, but are not limited to, opportunity / territory management, cost justification, acquisition management, service business management and channel management processes.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of competition's offerings, strategies, and plans. Effectively differentiates IBM offerings from competitive alternatives and creates customer preference for IBM offerings, based on that differentiation.
- Teamwork at highest levels. Leads large, complex engagement teams responsible for the development of deliverables, such as client proposal and presentations.
- Drives and manages an effective partnership with the clients through contact with executive management and individuals that influence the customer's executive team.
- Leads negotiations with the highest levels of customer management, resulting in successful closing of the sales.
- Applies creativity and judgment in developmental work on complex TSS MVS opportunities or other TSS MVS projects within the business environment. Directs resource team to ensure appropriate quantity and quality of technical/services resources are deployed.
- Leads team of professionals and provides ongoing guidance in the development of MVS solutions for large or complex opportunities. May lead more than one MVS opportunity concurrently.
- Accountable for business unit sales and specific personal objectives, including contract signings, profit, expense, and customer satisfaction.
- Develops the strategies and tactics that will win the business, including teaming arrangement, alliances, subcontractors, competitive strategies, tactics and responses. Has overall responsibility for the final proposal to the client.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10 years experience in IT sales, at least 5 years in multi vendor
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.