Network and Communication Administrator
Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot and administer SATORP’s network hardware and software including operational areas.
- Ensure strong network connectivity and operational capability of company's local area network and wide area network infrastructure.
- Install, maintain and administer SATORP’s network data communications equipment, such as hubs, switches, routers bridges and Ethernet.
- Assign network addresses, routing protocols and routing table configuration as well as configuration of authentication and authorization.
- Provide Tier (3) user support in case network-related problems have not been fixed through the helpdesk (Tear (1)) and Network Administrator Support (Tier (2)).
- Recommend new IT systems and equipment additions pertaining to the network administration.
- Prepare network capacity reports and provide recommendations on network changes, upgrades and improvements to the Senior Network Administrator.
- Identify, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability and performance.
- Visit work sites to assess network requirements, monitor progress of devices/components installation and ensure that network security policies are being followed.
- Participate in Network preventive maintenance program to ensure maximum availability of all Network infrastructures.
- Perform daily network system checks, and document, report and address network problems and resolutions.
- Recommend purchase of new network equipment such as computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment and software.
- Liaise with Networking Services vendors and providers to monitor service performance and ensure compliance.
- Act as a couch to Network Administrator Support and provide feedback with regards to their performance and learning capabilities.
Main Competencies and Qualities:
- Strong knowledge in modern networking and communication technologies.
- Strong knowledge of computing and network hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Strong knowledge of major networking components and network operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of backup and restoration mechanism, especially VERITAS NETBACKUP.
- Knowledge of Refinery production operation and processes.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Capable of giving strong attention to details.
Good analytical ability:
- Willing to work irregular hours.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent. CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) certificate or equivalent is preferred.
- Four (4) years of experience in Administering and Managing Networks, of which at least Two (2) years in a similar position.
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.