Job description / Role
• Develop and review domain-specific tech. strategy within NFV & Cloud
• Develop initiatives and plans for implementation of the cloud & data center domain strategy
• Ensure fixed domain strategy conforms to corporate level strategy and overarching technology strategy
• Manage competitive intelligence gathering process
• Conduct research and analysis on external factors influencing NFV & data center domain strategies
• Conduct research and analysis of internal factors (resources & capabilities) influencing NFV & data center domain strategies
• Consider Technology Strategy requirements and objectives and consult Technology Strategy team with cloud-specific requirements and objectives.
• Support the technology innovation process within cloud & data center and align with sectors on emerging technologies, trends and key innovation topics
• Support the mapping and monitoring of technologies underlying business capabilities, as well as emerging new uses and standards
• Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Technology
• Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Technology (preferred)
• Experience in telecommunications sector and technologies
• Experience with developing strategic plans
• Expert knowledge and deep technical expertise in cloud & NFV technologies, architectures and data centers
• Solid knowledge about APIs and DevOps concepts
• Strong understanding & knowledge of cloud, NFV concepts, industry tools & solutions
• Expert knowledge in the strategy development and business planning processes
• Expert knowledge of telecommunications product & services portfolio
• Understand thoroughly the latest virtualization technology, tools, and capabilities and how to leverage virtualization in line with international and applicable standards such as ETSI NFV Industry Specifications Group and the Open Networking Forum.
• Working experience with Telco Cloud solutions and NFV.
• Working experience with some of cloud management frameworks (OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes or VMware vCloud Director, vSphere).
• Working experience with some of virtualization platforms (KVM, XEN, VMware vSphere/ESXi).
• Working experience with network services orchestration and management (MANO) and E2E Multi-Domain SO.
• Good understanding of networking technologies and protocols
• Experience in developing network build/upgrade strategy for service provider networks.
• Demonstrated technical understanding with technical background in fixed and mobile networks especially in core networks domain.
• Financial skills: able to estimate the financial metrics (ROI, IRR, NPV, FCC, ...) of a given project.
• Strategy skills: multi-criteria decision making, ANOVA, Monte-Carlo simulation, ...
• Practical experience with one of the following service architectures: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, is a plus.
• Working experience with server infrastructure (blade systems, rack servers etc.)
• Knowledge of open-source storage solutions (Ceph) and distributed file systems (vSAN).
About the Company
A leading technology management consultancy in the UAE.