Job description / Role
The primary duties of an Overhead Transmission Line Project Manager include managing the execution of all aspects of high voltage transmission line projects of all sizes and complexity, including scope and/or proposal development, project team development and assignment if required, project execution, project closeout, and quality control, schedule, and budget management. Experience with transmission line, and associated strategic services aspects (i.e. routing, permitting, public involvement, right of way acquisition) of projects is mandatory, with strong technical experience in design.
Duties also include building a local team of engineers and designers and leveraging existing staff across the company to execute work and deliver world class project in the region.
NATURE & SCOPE
Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Testing & Commissioning of 380kv Overhead Transmission Lines within NEOM Green Hydrogen Project NETWORK in NEOM.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize project according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle
* Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
* Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management
* Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
* Review / approvals of EPC Contractor projects documents
* Follow SEC/NG standard and specifications
* High leadership skills, with knowledge and performance in Project Management, proposals, contract, budgeting, scheduling, estimating and reporting
* Complete track of site activities and identifying critical points and solve for closure
* Arrange/ attend the meetings with stakeholders and solve points for closure
* Adherence to Safety regulation/requirements
* Leads the QA/QC process on projects and is committed to delivering world class quality.
* Compliance with procedures and legal management
* Effectively communicate project expectations to team members i.e. project engineer, site manager, site electrical engineers etc. in a timely and clear fashion and resolve project execution obstructions
* Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
* Coordinate with EPC contractor for appropriate delivery of materials keeping the view not to delay project
* Keeping a good relationship with all stakeholders to provide a challenging work progress with full satisfaction.
* Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
* Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company
* Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and reporting authority
* Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
* Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
* Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
* Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
* Track project milestones and deliverables
* Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to the higher management.
* Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
* Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
* Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
* Develop best practices and tools for project execution.
* Individual is assigned complex projects requiring close stakeholder interaction such as new OHTL projects, interconnection agreements, transmission line reconductor/rebuild projects, projects of medium to high financial risk, or assigned to a specific portion of a major project to manage under the direction of the Director of HV network Projects.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum 10 years related experience, "HV Transmission Substation projects".
* Has good experience of SEC/NG standards.
* Has excellent Substation Engineering background.
* Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters.
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) preferrable.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field from an accredited curriculum.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Lead Electrical Engineer - OHTL
|Saudi Arabia||4 Feb|
Senior Project Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
EPC Senior Project Engineering Manager - Power Elements
|Saudi Arabia||10 Feb|
Senior Project Manager (Multi Site)