Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking.
Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East is looking for an Oceanarium Specialist to manage and lead an Oceanarium Landmark project in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Familiar and experienced in pre-opening phases of large-sized public aquariums/oceanariums with knowledge of RIBA plan of works.
* Proven in-depth knowledge of analyzing LSS P&IDs and shop drawings, ability in conceptualizing areas of guest experience, interactive components of exhibits and exhibit aquascapes.
* Familiar and able to coordinate and work with professional aquarium consultants to design, enhance and rectify all design aspects pertaining to oceanarium functionality of amenities, LSS, guest experience and safety.
* Provide support to the project team to facilitate the delivery of the project and its construction.
* Ensure robust project plans and forecasts are produced and regularly updated.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A bachelor's degree in construction management, environmental management, biotechnology, molecular cell biology, biology, aquaculture or related fields.
* Familiar with acrylics of various sizes and manufactures (acrylic tunnel, cast, laminated), installation techniques and silicone curing.
* Familiar with the functionality of all LSS equipment including 3-phase pumps, ozonators, MPUV, HEX, HVAC, VFDs and SCADA operating systems and able to carry out T & C of aquarium systems.
* Knowledge in abstraction and outfall locations, installation and maintenance.
* Proven track record in coral rehabilitation techniques, able to capitalize techniques on brooders and spawners species of LPS and SPS corals, also experience with artificial fertilization of corals with knowledge in cryopreservation of coral gametes.
* Work previously with coral conservation establishments, e.g. SECORE, experience in coral restoration initiatives and collaborating with international researchers, scientists and curators.
* Knowledge of operating 3D printing machines.
* Experience in the identification of terrestrial reptiles, insects, corals, invertebrates, marine fishes and animals in regions of the Red Sea.
* Capable of establishing Curatorial operation procedures, treatment and prophylaxis of fish diseases, with at least 15 years of aquarium operation experience.
* Seasoned and experienced in handling large-sized elasmobranchs and groupers during trans-shipment.
* Seasoned and experienced in establishing artemia and rotifer cultures, breeding and maintaining stocks of selected species of Jellyfish.
* Familiar with captivity breeding of syngnathids, elasmobranchs and able to sustain shark egg display.
* Familiar and experienced in Sea Turtle rehabilitation and release programs with knowledge of satellite tracking techniques.
* Able to plan and budget OPEX and CAPEX for business continuity to optimize profits and support sustainable growth.
* Familiar with zoological institutes' best practices towards animal welfare in a public aquarium.
* Able to formulate and analyze risk assessment matrix and provide solutions to mitigate and minimize occupational hazards.
* Physically fit, able to lift a load of 20kg unassisted, SCUBA with minimum Dive Master and Emergency First Response certification.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.