Job description / Role
• Optimum management of the resources within the department.
• Responsible to all day to day activities
• Overall Supervision of ticketing and PTA activities. Maintain proper register for PTA.
• Distribute all fare circulars and update all staff from time to time.
• Safe guard all Cash valued documents
• Set objectives for all ticketing staff set standards and ensure that they are met or exceeded.
• Set standards for the entire section to reflect Oman Air Image.
• Provide Oman Air customers (passengers and travel Agents) all services to the companies standards
• Lead, train and develop the staff to achieve highest level of performance
• Motivate staff and recommend reward according to performance and productivity.
• Create a cordial working atmosphere to increase the productivity of the staff
• Prepare duty roster and assign duties to the staff
• To plan training requirements for the staff
• Coordinate closely with CRC and Airport Manager-Supervisor. Compile monthly statistics
• Inform management about competitors practices. Update Management with all relevant statistics.
• Adhere to all management decisions.
• Reduce reservation cost to the minimum. Strictly adhere to ticketing and reservation ethics.
• Increase & maximise direct sales from Oman Air outlets and offices.
• Achieves and exceeds the direct sales set target.
• Ensure that all staff follows reservation and ticketing ethics.
• Increase the enrollment of FFP members and encourage ticketing staff on same.
• Insure all supervisors and RTAs are well updated with WY products and services on regular basis.
• Encourage staff to stimulate & increase direct sales.
• Prepare proper annual training planning for the supervisors and RTAs
• Adhere to Company ethics and standards at all times. Groom, Conduct, and present in accordance with the companies image.
• Any other job assigned by the management.
• Handle VIP & CIP special requirement as and when needed
• Bachelor degree in a related discipline with 2 years of relevant experience preferably in the ticketing and reservation of an airline or travel industry
• Or Two years college Diploma in a related discipline with 4 years of relevant work experience
• Or specialised certificate, preferably IATA basic ticketing course with secondary School and having 8 years of relevant work experience.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.