Oil Spill Response Specialist
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an Oil Spill Response Specialist / Advisor to join the Global Oil Spill Response Division of Marine Department.
The Global Oil Spill Response Division is responsible for providing oil spill response contingency planning for all company activities and operational areas, aid the development of EIA's, oil spill response training of company personnel, operation and maintenance of the oil spill response equipment and bases, advisory services to company executives on oil spill response matters, specifications and procurement of oil spill response equipment as well as advising on environmental concerns when responding to any oil spill.
The Oil Spill Response Specialist/Advisor primary role is to Incumbent performs technical oil spill response and preparedness activities related to the various aspects of oil pollution control on shorelines and offshore of the Arabian Gulf & Red Sea, including providing expertise on environmental concerns and on specifications, maintenance and purchase of oil pollution control equipment. Performs the duties of Marine Pollution Support Group Leader in the absence of Marine Oil Spill Response Specialist I. Assists in development and directly participates in Pollution Control training, such as instructing crews and overseeing boom deployment to ensure rapid & efficient handling. Acts as an oil spill observer and performs surveillance and quantity estimates. May be assigned to work full time with the offshore Pollution Control Unit in the Arabian Gulf or Red Sea during emergencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
• Provide advice and technical support to Pollution Control Units either in the Arabian Gulf or Red Sea when they are involved in oil spill control operations.
• Participate in the development of appropriate pollution control measures and clean up techniques best suited to the special conditions of the Arabian Gulf & Red Sea.
• Report on oil spills in Aramco areas, prepares Leak and Spill Reports and other documents as required by Aramco and Government Authorities.
• Join scheduled or emergency oil spill surveillance flights, reports on sightings, records result and develops estimates of spillage.
• Assist in developing oil spill training exercises and participates in their effective implementation.
• Participate with Regional Oil Spill Coordinator in the preparation of oil spill contingency plans.
• Undertakes periodical inspections of pollution control vessels and prepares inspection reports.
• As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelors degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Marine Engineering or Marine Navigation or any relevant field from a recognized and approved program.
• You will have a minimum of five years experience in oil spill response activities.
• You will hold a High National Diploma degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Marine Engineering or Marine Navigation or any relevant field from a recognized and approved program.
• You will have a minimum of seven years experience in oil spill response activities.
• An International Maritime Org-recognized STCW CoC is preferred
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.