Job description / Role
Amazon is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Amazon attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
Amazon is looking for an enthusiastic, creative Online Content Manager to help build and grow our business. The Online Content Manager will play a leading role in developing the category’s creative direction, style guidelines, and overall CX strategy, discoverability and category online marketing calendar and strategy, meeting the needs of the business while protecting the integrity of the customer experience. They will propose, plan and execute the merchandising plan, new features and products with minimal oversight, partnering with business and technical teams to achieve project goals. This person will drive strategy and ambitions on behalf of the category team, will set goals that all functions may be involved in achieving and will liaise with tech teams and global category teams to execute. The Online Content Manager will be responsible for representing their category in large cross-functional or cross-category projects that serve major parts of the business.
Seen by the team and vendors as an expert in their product line and its customer base, the Online Content Manager will actively stay on top of new products, brands, trends and markets and propose strategies for optimizing them from a content and promotional standpoint. This person is viewed as a standard-bearer for high-quality, high-impact content and as someone who creatively and proactively finds win-win solutions that benefit the category and customer as well as the overall business.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead annual category calendar content planning, creative development, landing page CX design and scheduling of cross-channel campaigns across gateway, manual merchandising slots, email / social for BAU (Business As Usual) / evergreen / x-site / deals & events, including the following (examples from the Media category)
• Product launches & new releases
• Deals & events merchandising for the category(eg Esports, literary events, back to school, big releases, new big sellers, Boxing Day, EOFY sale)
• Latest trends
• Post campaign measurement and analysis
• Push for awareness of content excellent considerations (right price, selection, delivery speed, CX, high Item Data Quality score) across all relevant stakeholders in the business funnel leading up to content management
• Coordinate and project manage across Vendor Management, Design and Instock Management functions to source the content inputs for cross-channel campaign execution
• Understand the business requirements and coordinate with central marketing stakeholders to push the inputs into associates, search and xsite social channels as per the business goals
• Product Manage features to improve CX
• Drive customer demand or overstock by partnering on ongoing deals & cross-site events
• Contribute to Weekly Business Reviews and Monthly Business Reviews Reporting for Content Management on the browse experience and changes for the categories. Also build the solution to improve the metrics based on the leadership inputs
• Introduce, run and report on a steady A/B testing cycle for content strategy optimization across storefronts, emails and other traffic channels
• Compile and drive recommendations for discoverability and browse optimization through quarterly Browse Audits
• A deep understanding of all traffic-driving mechanisms (Email, search, browse, SEO, etc.); actively engaged in optimizing those channels for your business
• An in-depth understanding of merchandising and customer behaviour metrics, plus regular use of such data to guide decisions and recommendations
• Demonstrable ability to think on your feet and make smart decisions
• Online retail experience
• Strong planning and time-management skills
• Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
• Highly skilled at communicating ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent written English and Arabic and strong attention to detail is essential
• High computer literacy, with ability to learn new systems quickly
• Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software (SAS/Matlab/R).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven experience delivering results by partnering with and influencing others
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.