Job description / Role
Operational Finance Leader - Saudi, GE Healthcare
• Responsible for providing financial planning, analysis and reporting for Corporate, a business, or a P&L within a business.
• Intermediate level professional positions requiring subject matter knowledge and experience, more independence in problem solving and decision making.
• Responsible for managing the business cycle- 3 year plan, budget, forecasts at each level of the organization. Define KPIs to measure the performance in all areas of the organization- mfg., R&D, eng, supply, commissioning.
• Analyze the performance and propose action plans to improve profitability and cash generation as well as corrective action plans as needed.
• Developed basic commercial awareness; may allocate and be responsible for the quality of work in others; act as advisor and coach to junior team members; developed interpersonal skills to handle complex situations.
• Focus on team & department priorities within operating unit and may be responsible for work and development of others.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and minimum of three years financial work experience including developing forecasts & operating plans and leading business / finance reviews
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type / position.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
• Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
• Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas
• Leadership experience: has experience leading team members balancing execution through others with inclusiveness, leveraging expertise, clear thinking, imagination, and external focus.
• Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
• Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle, SAP, COGNOS, Business Objects, etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, VLookup, and Macros)
• Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives while driving controllership/GE Values
• Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
• Experience leading in a matrixed environment
• Basic understanding of financial compliance: SOX, GAAP
• Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
• Graduate of GE's Financial Management Program (FMP), or Corporate Audit Staff (CAS); or graduate of other financial leadership programs
• Masters’ degree in Business Administration
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.