This position is closed or expired.
See other Chemical Engineering jobs
Petrochemical Conversions Company (PCC) has an opening for an Operations Representative for the new Nylon 6,6 Plant Project.
About the Company.
PCC is a new Joint Venture company, owned 50% by the Saudi Industrial Investment Group (SIIG) and 50% owned by ACP (Arabian Chevron Phillips).
This position provides Operations expertise for the Nylon 6,6 Plant design teams and promotes proactive safety behaviors to a multi-cultural workforce during project design, construction, commissioning and start up phases.
Intended to transition to an Operational role in Jubail, Saudi Arabia that promotes team work amongst all functional groups, and teaches others how to run the plant in a safe, incident free, reliable manner that reduces costs, increases productivity, and most importantly, continually reduces the risk of accidents, and injuries.
The successful candidate will start as a contract employee working for the Nylon Conversions Project in Houston, Texas through FEED phase of the project. The candidate should transition to a direct hire with a two year renewable contract in Phase IV of the project working directly for PCC.
ENGINEERING & PROCUREMENT PHASE – Location: Houston, Texas.
– Participates in all Nylon Plant project development and review activities and deliverables: heat and material balances; PFD, PID, 3D models; PHA / LOPA / SIL, equipment specifications, design specifications, control and maintenance philosophies, etc.
– Participates in the review / approval of all Nylon Plant scoping documents and designs.
– Participates in the development of schedules, plans, and procedures for the commissioning and start up of the Nylon plant.
– Participates in the development of all training plans, schedules, presentations, modules, qualification tests and other tools needed to prepare personnel to operate the Nylon plant in a safe, incident free manner.
– Ensures all Nylon project documents and information are developed, and managed in a manner that aligns with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
– Assists in the transition of project information to plant document management systems as required to ensure long term availability of critical documents (PSI data, procedures, design specs and codes, etc.)
– Prepares operating costs and analysis as required.
– Participates in other project activities as assigned by the Nylon Conversions PSM / Operations Manager.
– Work effectively with multi-cultural personnel to execute work assignments.
CONSTRUCTION, COMMISSIONING, START UP PHASE
Location: Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
– Demonstrates safety leadership by role modeling safe behaviors and demonstrates practical knowledge of typical safe work practices, and procedures used in US petrochemical facilities.
– Promotes the concept of proactive safety, and takes personal responsibility to seek out “at risk” behaviors and conditions in order to achieve the overall goal of zero incidents.
– Leads the deployment of the Nylon Plant training process, and provides mentoring and coaching to new employees to ensure they are fully qualified in all their responsibilities and successful in their work activities.
– Coordinates and ensures operations participation in all project construction activities for assigned areas: FAT, SAT, system walk-downs; system PSSR; equipment inspections, etc..
– Communicate and execute plant commissioning and start up plans for assigned areas.
NORMAL OPERATION - Location: Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Transition to an operational leadership role (Role will be aligned with candidate experience and performance (Facility Operations Manager, Operations Engineer, etc.).
REPRESENTATION OF THE COMPANY
Conduct your company and personal business in a manner that reflects positively on the company’s public image and on your personal ethics. Must comply with all company procedures and US international business ethics laws and regulations.
Qualifications: A minimum of a BS in Engineering (prefer Chemical, or Mechanical)
Experience: At least 10 years experience working in petrochemical or refining industries with 5+ years of experience in Nylon Polymer Plant Operations.
• Must be willing to relocate to Saudi Arabia for a minimum 2 year assignment following 1-2 year assignment in Houston, TX and/or EPC location (possibly international);
• Must be able to work with diverse multinational groups and ethnic backgrounds;
• Previous large project ($250MM+) experience is a plus;
• Strong interpersonal, team building, communication and meeting process skills;
• Strong leadership skills with past supervisory experience;
• Proficient in writing procedures and in training operators;
• Fully proficient with PC's and software including MS Office.
Other: The assignment consists of a 1-2 year period working with an EPC firm to be followed by a minimum 2 year assignment in Jubail, Saudi Arabia working as a direct hire for PCC with a 2 year renewable contract.
About the Company
S-Chem is comprised of three legal entities (Saudi Chevron Phillips, Jubail Chevron Phillips, and Saudi Polymers Company). Saudi Chevron Phillips Co. is a large scale benzene production facility in Saudi Arabia. And Jubail Chevron Phillips Co. is an integrated Olefins/Ethylbenzene/Styrene Facility, with Saudi Polymers Company as a world scale facility producing Ethylene, Propylene, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Polystyrene and 1-Hexane.