Job description / Role
Established in 1979 the company is a Leading international corporations operating in the field of manufacturing/retailing
They also have considerable investments in the real estate industry in Saudi Arabia, Europe, Asia, the United States and China. In addition to investment in private property in Europe, Asia, Middle East (Bahrain, UAE, Qatar, India, China and Korea) through the private property fund or direct investment. It has as well investments in the stock market in 25 countries.
They are currently looking to recruit Oracle Database Administrator for their office in Riyadh
Report to: Manager IT Infrastructure & Projects
Duties & Responsibilities
• Design, develop, implement and maintain our core Oracle applications.
• Maintain our SQL / PLSQL processes.
• Ensure DB availability.
• Proactively manage and maintain security standards and controls.
• Actively seek to optimize and simplify our architecture.
• Take ownership of performance and capacity monitoring aspects of the DB.
• Execution of data migration jobs and scripts as required.
• Assist the infrastructure team in sizing hardware used for the DB.
• Support and collaborate with product developers.
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans.
• Create a reliable backup strategy. Ensure database backups are appropriately executed and periodic restorations are exercised to ensure backup quality.
• Determine and document DB policies, procedures and standards.
• Performance testing and evaluation to ensure data security, privacy and integrity. Identification of bottle necks and deadlock issues.
• Ensure SLA's & operational KPI’s are met, working as necessary with internal and external support functions when major incidents occur. Supports multiple projects/tasks within assigned area of Oracle ERP portfolio and related business applications.
Qualifications & Experience
• Ideally Oracle Certified DB Professional (OCP)
• +5 years’ experience with Oracle, preferably in a lead role.
• Experience should include DB design (modeling and normalization)
• Strong Oracle Database Administration experience
• Experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large systems
• Experience of working in a team that delivers a high availability service
• Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service
• Experience of SQL Server is desirable
• Oracle Certification, preferably OCP
• Operating system experience in Linux.
• Oracle management tools (Data Guard, RMAN, Data pump).
• Architecture design principles.
• Good problem solver, focused and dedicated developer with ability to work on your own as well as with a team.
• Hands on experience with DB standards and end user applications-translating capacity requirements into infrastructure deployment technology.
• Strong practical experience of ORACLE in a production RAC (ASM) environment (11gR2).
• Must be a self-starter with a strong attention to detail.
• Experience with an organization with a key reliance on 24x7 reliability on its database.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Senior Administrator / Database Services
|Abu Dhabi||8 Aug|
Oracle Database Administrator (UAE National )
A Large, Leading and Global Enterprise
IT Planning & Delivery
Head of IT