Job description / Role
As a medium, sophisticated professional services organization operating over 35 years in the Middle East, everything we do comes down to having the right people with the right skills in the right place. As a Paralegal/Junior Legal Counsel, you’ll support us in making it happen. The legal function of this professional organization is dedicated to the provision to uphold international standards to the organization’s service lines and regions.
In your role as a Paralegal or Junior Legal Associate, you will report to the Senior Legal Counsel and support the organization’s member firms across the Middle East region. The ME region includes Saudi Arabia (KSA), UAE, Egypt, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine. You’ll be an intricate part of the region’s legal team and their success while you are still required to provide services to the business across the region. This role will be based in Khobar, KSA.
While this is a role for a generalist junior lawyer/paralegal, contractual negotiation experience with domestic and international clients is a key requirement.
• Deliver and assist in delivering legal advice and assistance in all practice areas of ME.
• Draft and participate in commercial contracts negotiations with clients and service providers and elevate legal risks to management.
• Support business transactions as required.
• Act as a trusted advisor and develop relationships with all relevant business stakeholders and teams.
• Support legal function Network Teams and promote teamwork & cross-support working between the organization’s lawyers within MENA and globally.
• Advise, draft and negotiate various legal related aspects of client matters including contracts, master service agreements and tenders.
• Assist in reviewing, amending and implementing changes to policies, procedures and standard documentation according to legal developments.
Skills and Competencies
• Unquestionably strong ethics, integrity and adherence to strict confidentiality.
• Pragmatic approach to work along with strong business acumen.
• Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude to work.
• High level of self-confidence and energy.
• High level of intellectual agility, initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and patience.
• 3-6 years of post-qualification legal experience, preferably with a multi-national corporation or an international law firm with at least experience in the Middle East.
• Be a Paralegal with a degree in law, or a lawyer qualified to practice law in KSA.
• Have the ability to evaluate and negotiate procurement related contracts.
• Possess excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Effective planning and organising skills to prioritise key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects.
• The ability to keep calm in a crisis and to cope well with conflicting deadlines.
• Negotiation skills.
• Strong team player who is both committed and flexible.
• People management and development experience.
• Attention to detail in all aspects.
• Experience within the professional services industry.
• Well-developed commercial awareness with an outcome orientated approach and the ability to apply legal principles pragmatically.
About the Company
At Bites, we operate a futuristic leading online and mobile marketplace for dine-in, delivery and take-awayto provide customers with an easy and safe way to order and pay from local restaurants and bars. With take away and delivery; restaurants and Bars that join the Bites platform have their menu accessible to online consumers. These consumers can search for their favorite food or drink using their current location to find the best value service at their easiest convenience. Currently, the aim is to cover all of theEmirates however, the focus on the first launch of Bites will be in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah November. Our aim for the first launch is to increase our Restaurant clients to 10,000 and have over
1,000,000 customers using our Bites App. Our team will continue to grow over the upcoming months and eventually will become globally starting in Egypt and America. Bites Benefits
As a valued employee at Bites, you have access to a range of exclusive rewards and benefits when working with us. We believe a a fun and approachable team creates an opportunity to success. You get to enjoy special discounts and privileges with our partner merchants that include: food and beverage, health and beauty, leisure events. Social events and a lot more. To keep our employees satisfied we will be offering plenty of social events, including gym and yoga classes, leisure nights throughout the year. Our staff will also get access to the latest gadgets.
We will use our growing portfolio with partners all over the UAE an opportunity for our employees to get exclusive discounts that you can get only at Bites.