Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Paralegal (KSA National) to join our Intellectual Property team in Jeddah.
An IP Paralegal/Technical Assistant job purpose is to support Associates, Senior Associates and Partners in handling cases and preparing for hearings, trials, and meetings related to the IP practice. Will have strong inter-personal skills and be able to liaise with government departments including at the Ministry of Commerce and Investment as well as the Saudi Customs authority.
Performs administrative and clerical tasks as well as legal research and maintain patent and trademark files.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Expected to assist associates of all levels on research of laws and judgments.
- Perform legal research, checking facts, gathering client information and evidence and completing paperwork.
- Assist on investigations on infringements of intellectual property rights.
- Liaise with stakeholders internally and externally – including various government authorities.
- Compile dossiers on infringements.
- Dispatching of TM registration certificates.
- Assisting with KYC documentation.
- Maintaining trademark files and calendars, ensuring completeness and that all due dates are met.
- Maintain physical and electronic filing systems.
- Following up with clients on pending documentation.
- File Closing.
- May assist associates of all levels with drafting formal legal documents, such as contracts and pleadings, as well as
correspondence with clients and other parties and prepare standard legal documents for matters as and when requested
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in copyright, patent and trademark matters (IP work) and/or Paralegal work, including enforcement, attending to Customs, market survey and anti counterfeiting.
- General office skills: filing, faxing, emailing, meeting notes.
- Strong attention to detail, coordination of multiple projects and ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work individually, on a project and/or in a team environment
- Strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Complete discretion and ability to work with confidential information.
About the Company
Al Tamimi & Company is the largest and most dynamic non-affiliated law firm in the Middle East with 16 offices across 9 countries and comprising 330 lawyers.
Over the years we have advised, and continue to support, government, government-owned entities, local, regional and international companies, banks and financial institutions along with both international and regional law firms.
Our core strength is our people and the diversity of their experience and local knowledge. Our reputation for excellence and regional experience extends beyond our network of offices in UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah), Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, Bahrain, Oman and Egypt. As a firm, our ability to practice local law in each of these jurisdictions - and the ability of each of our licensed litigators to have rights of audience before local courts - is a unique strength that truly sets us apart from our competitors.