Petroleum Engineer I
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco seek for Upstream surface Facilities Engineer to work with the Unconventional Reservoir Engineering Department under Unconventional Resources Admin Area. The Surface Facilities include pipeline network, Gas Compression Plant (GCP), Gas Processing Plant (GSP), Gas Oil Separation Plant (GOSP), Multi Phase Pump (MPP) and Early Production Facilities. The Upstream Facilities Engineer will be responsible for mechanical and process engineering related activities in addition to the coordination regularly with civil, electrical, & instrumentation disciplines.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main requirements for the facilities engineer will include:
- Identify, develop, fund and track all required surface facilities to maintain the current and future production levels at Saudi Aramco UR fields.
- Oversee and organize the planning, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure and oil and gas facilities.
- Optimize the surface oil, gas and water production facility performance including developing/implementing engineered solutions for issues that may be limiting production, productivity and efficiency.
- Troubleshooting problems with existing facilities.
- Close coordination and follow-up with all related organizations are required to ensure the required surface facilities are installed on time.
- Provide a continuous update on projects budget and perform a project cost optimizations economic analysis to identify the most cost-effective alternative for upstream facilities development.
- Facilities design package reviews where applicable.
- Designing pipeline network (oil, gas, and water) and building hydraulic models using approved software such as PIPESIM and OLGA.
- Participation and support design of processing facilities such as GOSP, GSP, GCP, MPP and Early Production Facilities.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical and chemical engineering from a recognized and approved program. MSc or PhD is desirable, but not required.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a petroleum engineering organization with a minimum of 5 years in project related work.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly convey practical concepts and relevant information to all levels of personnel, including executive management.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.